LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s all meet at the GoG visitor’s center, take a few Pics, drive thru the Park, grab some lunch, and go for a cruise through them hills to the west.

Garden of the Gods
Time: 11:00
Meeting place: Visitor Center

Lunch
Time: 1:00’ish
Place: Dewey’s
Location: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...&city=colorado+springs&state=co&zipcode=80919

Cruise
Time: 2:00-4:00’ish
Route: Hwy-24 West to Woodland Park, then Hwy-67 North to Deckers, continue up to Hwy-285 and then East to Denver.

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,501 Posts
Anyone meeting up for the run down? Like something like the Castlerock Outlets around 10:00ish?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Scyry said:
Anyone meeting up for the run down? Like something like the Castlerock Outlets around 10:00ish?
Sounds good.

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Damn, I wish I was out there with you guys. My Dad called yesterday bragging up releasing 27 trout, including Browns up to 28 inch. I so want to drive my GTO out for a summer. His place is down 24 close to the "Fairplay/Hartsel/Jefferson metropolitin"area....
That run to Decker/285 is sweet.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
Dang.

So what is Hwy-105 (Perry Park Rd), from Monument to Seladia like?

Its pretty good, but depending on the day has lots of traffic. some corners, some straights, a good mix of stuff.

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,501 Posts
So, to meet in Castlerock at the Factory Outlets (unless someone knows a better spot) Mapquest says it will take ~45 minutes to reach Garden of the Gods from there. I am think leave the Outlets at 10:00am to be safe. So show up around 9:45am. The address is:

[873-899] New Memphis Ct
Castle Rock, CO 80108

I attached a map, meet in the parking lot where the red X is. Make a post if you plan on meeting up there, so we have a head count. So far the list is:

The List:
Scyry, Ryan, 05' IBM
CHA-LEE, ???, 05' QS
Havoc1979, ???, 06' ???

*EDIT*

Forgot to add, if anyone on the SE side of Denver wants a ride down there and back, let me know. I know we have a few gimpy goats around atm, and don't want to keep people from going because of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah the construction on 67 sucks. I thought it was going to be done sooner than that. Also I am not sure about Garden of the Gods road I believe it was under construction when I was up there in aug.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GasTires&Oil said:
Yeah the construction on 67 sucks. I thought it was going to be done sooner than that.

Also I am not sure about Garden of the Gods road I believe it was under construction when I was up there in aug.
Are you talking about the road that goes from I-25 to the Park?
Or are you talking about the road that goes thru the park?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,437 Posts
I think he means the road to the park. It is under construction. Much better now (as of this past weekend) than before (last weekend).

That whole section of I-25 between Woodmen and Garden of the Gods is also being completely reworked, so traffic is always a bear.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Doric said:
I think he means the road to the park. It is under construction. Much better now (as of this past weekend) than before (last weekend).

That whole section of I-25 between Woodmen and Garden of the Gods is also being completely reworked, so traffic is always a bear.
Yeah people coming down from denver make sure to give yourself some extra time. Traffic is terrible depending on the time and day. it always seems to be backed up though.

I will be meeting everyone at the visitor center. I'm like 3 miles from there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
Are you talking about the road that goes from I-25 to the Park?
Or are you talking about the road that goes thru the park?

I am not sure exactly where it is. I will be comming from Woodland Park so I will come in on 24 then take 31st to Garden of the Gods road. I hope that way is open. I just heard it on the radio and saw it on TV when I was up there.

·
500RWHP and 530RWTQ
1,067 Posts
I'll try and make it to this cruise...Havent been able to make any other cruises for awhile.

·
Registered
346 Posts
GasTires&Oil said:
I am not sure exactly where it is. I will be comming from Woodland Park so I will come in on 24 then take 31st to Garden of the Gods road. I hope that way is open. I just heard it on the radio and saw it on TV when I was up there.
That way will be traffic and construction free. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

·
7,835 Posts
hwy 9 will connect 24 to 285. It is not real chuck like but gets the job done. Bout 15 minute stretch of road.

·
7,835 Posts
TheZaZ said:
I'll try and make it to this cruise...Havent been able to make any other cruises for awhile.

would be good to have ya out bro. Havent seen ya in a while.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts