LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are going to do a Half-Day Road Course Rental – 12:00-4:00

The cost for each of us will be $60

We will show up there by 11:00 to do a half-day rental (4 hours = $60) – they close at 4:00, sharp. We will want to try and get on the track by 11:30 and then stretch out our time to 4:00 (4.5 hrs).

We will leave Denver after the morning rush and then after the Track Day we will stay and eat dinner at a local joint, till the evening rush is over, before we headed back home.

Tentative Schedule

Friday morning
08:45 Depart I-25 & 120th
09:00 Depart South Denver area
- In CR, Get off at the Wilcox/Wolfensberger exit (#182). Go Right to the first gas station on the right
09:15 Depart CR area
10:15 Depart CoSprings area
11:00 Arrive at PMI

I need the locals to pick a spot, just off I-25, that we will meet at. Needs to be a quick and easy off/on spot.

Friday Afternoon
12:00 – 4:00 Drive our asses off
4:00 – 5:00 Pack our sh!t up and go get some grub
5:00 – 6:00 Eat that grub and BS
6:30 – Slam half-dozen shots of Patron Gold and drive back

BTW – This date, Oct. 6th, is reserved by the BMW Club. This is the Friday before their Fall Driving School on Sat/Sun. They use this Friday as a free ‘perk’ for the school instructors and to train new instructors.
I called both the BMW Driving School Chairman and the Chief Instructor to obtain their approval to share the track that afternoon. They both kindly agreed to allow us to do this.
What this will mean is that the good news is we will most likely not have to share the track with any newbies and the bad news is we may have to alternate our time on the track with the BMWs. Not a big deal – something like a 20 min on/off rotation.

·
7,835 Posts
Everything looks a okay to me there chuck.

·
One shot, One Kill.
101 Posts
When you get to CR. Get off at the Wilcox/Wolfensberger exit (182). Go Right to the first gas station on the right (don't remember the name cuz I never get gas there) but there is plenty of parking but I don't think you will need to worry about parking because I will be there waiting.

See you then!

·
'Wheeling -my other addiction
351 Posts
Man, I wanna do this in the worst way! Unfortunately, I gotta find some new tires for the rear - on the cheap. Maybe you guys can help me out.

Where could I find a decent price on our factory sized BFG's? My fronts are in great shape, but the rears ...... well, I burned 'em thin after the first few months and been skating by ever since. Thought I'd get new wheels and tires before now, but money's been tight and the knee injury didn't help either.

I've been hoping to score a pair of tires from someone here that upgrades to new stuff, but haven't seen anything.

Also, to race at PMI, are helmets required? If so, is there a minimum rating, style, or something about the helmet I need to look for? Any other requirements for the driver or car I should know about?

Hope to run with you guys!
Troy

·
7,835 Posts
as far as helmets, there kinda lienient (sp?) on that down in pueblo. I have one that allows me to race and bandi, not sure the snell # on it but im pretty sure any helmet gets you able to race. You do not need anything other than that. As far as tires, i feel ya there. I dont know of anyone off the top of my head that as some laying around but i would make a new thread and see if someone has upgraded like you mentioned. Maybe catch someone wanting to get rid of the stock tires but wanting to save the wheels for DR's.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,673 Posts
I would be down for going and I could probably get it off, but I have class on Friday's and don't think I would be able to get back in time.

:(

·
7,835 Posts
Andrea said:
I would be down for going and I could probably get it off, but I have class on Friday's and don't think I would be able to get back in time.

:(

Ditch!!!

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Bump for this week.

We need to call the track and get some info on a few things. After those two deaths @ LaJunta, PMI has insituted some safety changes, and im not sure when they take effect. One of them involves a certified track orientation.

·
7,835 Posts
guys, hate to say it but i will be out of commishion to do anything cool on friday. I will be working 12 hour days all this week including friday and saturday. So while you guys are enjoying your cars, i will be on about hour 70 or so with one more day to go. Man Im glad I at least get overtime. hell my next full day off will probably be the dave and busters meet, which i may be bringing a friend from work to. :turbonaug

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steel Chicken said:
Bump for this week.

We need to call the track and get some info on a few things. After those two deaths @ LaJunta, PMI has insituted some safety changes, and im not sure when they take effect. One of them involves a certified track orientation.
I called and left a msg. Waiting for a call back.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Mike - Is this a good place to meet up for you too?

- In CR, Get off at the Wilcox/Wolfensberger exit (#182). Go Right to the first gas station on the right

I am going to try my best to be there by 9:15.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
make it the 1st gas station on the left, makes it easier to get back on the freeway (where we parked on the way back from our hwy105 insano-run)

·
7,835 Posts
make sure you guys get some pics.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steel Chicken said:
Bump for this week.

I just got off the phone with Earlene. She said there are no new safety requirements.
She did say that there might be some new ones that may be put in place in Jan. '07

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Avsguy33 said:
make sure you guys get some pics.
ummmmm - if you're not there who is going to take them?

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
ceiling cat will take them.

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Hmmmmm. I'm heading down Friday evening to Pueblo for the BMW event on Saturday. I might be feeling a little ill on Friday and call in sick...

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jagular said:
Hmmmmm. I'm heading down Friday evening to Pueblo for the BMW event on Saturday. I might be feeling a little ill on Friday and call in sick...
That would be great if you could come and hang with us.

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
I'll know more by Wednesday. I'll let you know.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
look'n good, so far...

Pueblo…

Friday:
Times of sun and clouds.
Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 50s.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts