LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://rmgto.mpedrick.net

I'm working out some domain forwarding issues with my webhost right now, so the www.rmgto.com URL currently points to the wrong place. :banghead: I'm/we're/they're working on fixing that, though.

Anyway, there it is. I think we're ready to start adding some content. Also, I'm going to ask for some local pics, etc. - if you want your GTO up there, just drop me a line. :cool:

Lemme know what your thoughts are as well. :)

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
Sounds awesome, man. I'm still figuring out how to edit these damn pictures so there not 2 feet wide on the screen, but let me know when you are ready to post.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you picked up a purple one, eh? From Suss?

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
Yep. Pretty sweet. Definitely different than the SS...

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. Congratulations.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
Hey. What does Rambur drive? I'm in Cheyenne myself. Just wondering if I've seen him around...

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boefadeez said:
Hey. What does Rambur drive? I'm in Cheyenne myself. Just wondering if I've seen him around...
He's got a Calico 1Ga AWD Talon.

We call it 'Calico' because, well... to put it nicely, it needs a paint job. :)

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
What year? And what the hell is 1Ga?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boefadeez said:
What year? And what the hell is 1Ga?
Sorry for the confusion.

There are two generations of Talon (1G & 2G), but each of the generations had major cosmetic changes about midway through production. For example, this is a 1Ga, which encompasses the 1990 and 1991 model years:

This is a 1Gb, produced for the 1992 through 1994 model years:

...And for good measure, this is a 2Ga (1995 & 1996):

Finally, a 2Gb. When Eagle bowed out in 1998, so did the Talon (of course):

The differences between the 2Gs is a bit more subtle, but the spoiler and the front and rear fascias are quite a bit more agressive on the '97-'98s than the previous 2G models.

Hope that helps. :cool:

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark Rambur's Talon is a '91. It was painted a strawberry metallic (yeah - pink. :D ) color over the original black, and it almost seems like it was just a bad shake-and-shoot job - it's peeling everywhere, so you can see bits of black all over the car.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
Thanks for the info. You learn something new everyday

·
Registered
25 Posts
Doric said:
Mark Rambur's Talon is a '91. It was painted a strawberry metallic (yeah - pink. :D ) color over the original black, and it almost seems like it was just a bad shake-and-shoot job - it's peeling everywhere, so you can see bits of black all over the car.
:sneaky: It's "champagne" in color. Well, most of it. :) Yeah, a previous owner did a nice Maaco (or similar) paint job and now it's peeling in several spots revealing the black paint underneath. It also has a grey hood, as that got crunched by another previous owner and he just found this one in a salvage yard to replace it. I need to take some pics of it... that'd be easier than describing the "calico". Yes, it definitely needs a paint job.

Boefadeez, I don't remember ever seeing a purple GTO in town, but might've seen your SS. SOM SS will always turn my head. Best color, hands down.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
I can't drive my SS on base, so she stays garaged most of the time. I'll look out for the calico. Hehehe.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
I'm tagged in Texas, and they keep trying to hold me to Wyoming law concerning my front license plate.

·
3,327 Posts
I sold a guy in Ft. Collins, CO a Talon that looks almost exactly like that 1st one. Loved the car (gave it to my Dad for christmas), but it had an electrical problem and would drain the battery when the temp was above 55 degrees.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
http://rmgto.mpedrick.net/defaultmember.html

Finally was able to put a little time into the RMGTO site. This is the default members' profile format I want to pursue; please share your thoughts, folks. Any input is welcome.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts