LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason and I (he is a member here, has started some controversy a few times.. oops) were driving home from Dave & Buster's this last Saturday night. We were on the little road that turns onto Evan's right before the freeway (right next to the car dealership) and this guy was in the right hand turn only lane and made a left hand turn. Thankfully I seen him turning so I didn't turn into the far right lane and get hit by this idiot. He was in a Toyota Corolla, like a mid 40's year old guy. He then turned onto I-25 and I was right behind him. The onramp there is the norm two lanes down to one lane and I passed him when it was still two lanes. I guess this pissed the guy off so he proceeded to speed up on my ass with his brights on. Whenever people are on my ass, I tap my brakes enough to make my brake lights come on sort of a 'warning get the **** off my ass before I lock them up' thing. This then pissed him off even more so he cut around me and flew by me then cut me off. I had to slam on my brakes to avoid him hitting my front end. I didn't do anything else except get his license plate number and called *csp. I guess this guy thought I was going to go after him because he then went onto the shoulder and passed like five cars on the shoulder, then cut across like two lanes of traffic to get off on Hampden.

I don't think I have ever ran across anyone that was as stupid as this guy. He almost caused multiple accidents with his anticks on the freeway. Crazy people. :madsign3:

Jason and Luke said that I should have either locked 'em up and let him hit me from behind or I shouldn't have slowed down when he cut me off and let him take out my front end, but I am a chicken shit.

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,498 Posts
This is why I refuse to commute...I'd end up on the news...

·
7,835 Posts
Road rage is fun. Doesnt happen to me very often though, I do recall going three wide up 225 at about mississippi though in the tundra. I was bout to kill someone.

In your case, should have just shot him... j/k

·
Registered
470 Posts
Kill um all................

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Andrea said:
Jason and Luke said that I should have either locked 'em up and let him hit me from behind or I shouldn't have slowed down when he cut me off and let him take out my front end, but I am a chicken shit.
Best to avoid the guy, he's already shown he isn't rational and who knows if he even has insurance. Sarah is still fighting here old insurance because an uninsured motorist rearended here at a red light. I guess chicken shit = thinking ahead in this case :D

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We seen some guy honking at this other guy at a light and I was thinking about the incident Mike, Luke, and I witnessed in the 'Springs. Some guy got out of his car and just started punching the crap out of the guy that was in the car honking.

I drive with my windows up at all times if possible, doors locked, and now I will soon start to carry.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Andrea said:

Aah no. You did the right thing. Last thing you want to deal with is trying to get your car fixed by this asshat assuming he'd stop anyways. Great job keeping your composure:ftw:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just carry a nine iron they work well.

·
Administrator
20,415 Posts
Im leary about getting a CCW, if I start carrying, I *WILL* shoot some fool sooner or later.

I dont know if you guys saw last week at Castle Rock at the gas station (at the end of the cruise) when I left, I turned into the right lane on a green, and I guy from the other direction turning left (with no arrow!) decided I was an ass because he wanted MY lane when I had right of way, and honked at me. I just flipped him off and hit warp speed. Had I been packing, I would've started waving my pea shooter out the window at him.

·
F-16, Now That's Some Ponies!
1,496 Posts
When somebody rides your arse, never slam on the brakes. It's fun and all, but ending up in a wheelchair is not worth it. I find it humorous to keep little toy stuffed dogs in my car, roll down the window and drop them out. They'll be swerving all over the road to miss the poor little guy. Just my $.02.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't slam on the brakes when they ride my ass, just tap them so that my brake lights come on sort of a warning.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
At night, if someone tailgates me, with their highbeams on, I will adjust my left side mirror out to reflect their headlights back on them.
Works pretty good

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,416 Posts
I once worked with a guy who had a ginormous spotlight installed just behind his back window, with a toggle switch up on the center console. He said tailgaters were his favorite thing in the world.

He also had his brake lights on a toggle switch - hit the switch and slam the brakes. Guy was a little 'off.'

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RedhotGTO said:
At night, if someone tailgates me, with their highbeams on, I will adjust my left side mirror out to reflect their headlights back on them.
Works pretty good

Hahahahaha that is a great idea!!!

I once worked with a guy who had a ginormous spotlight installed just behind his back window, with a toggle switch up on the center console. He said tailgaters were his favorite thing in the world.
The Volvo has fog rear lights and a bunch of the Volvo guys modify the fog lights to be brighter than piss so when a tailgater is behind them, they just turn on the fog lights and blind the hell out of them. Kind of the same idea.

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,498 Posts
Doric said:

He also had his brake lights on a toggle switch - hit the switch and slam the brakes. Guy was a little 'off.'
The old work truck, 1994 1-ton Chevy with a flat bed, has two "back up" lights that are mounted high up, below the lumber rack, at the cab. The are big old spot lights. We have a toggle switch in the cab to turn them on to see what we are doing unload/loading in the dark. They are about as bright as headlights, and conviently angled towards a tailgater's windshield. Don't know how many arseholes I used them on working summers for my Dad. They were the best part of driving that truck.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ryu's GTO said:
Were you driving the goat?

Nope, I don't own a GTO. My boyfriend's GTO is currently in the shop, but even if it wasn't, I can't drive it. Haven't driven it since October of '05. Thanks knee.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts