LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, apparently Southern California has come up with a "clever" way of increasing revenue - roadside random smog stations.

Read about it at this link

This isn't something I've heard about or seen...Has anyone around here seen or heard of this before?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've seen the roadside sensor snoopers, always on a Sunday morning on the 60 fwy. between Fullerton Rd. and Azusa Av. Usually just checking w/b traffic but once or twice I've seen them on both the east and westbound sides. They were out 2 days ago when I went by.
For a while they were also working the 10 fwy. , right around Barranca in West Covina, but I haven't seen them there in a couple of months now.
I think my blood pressure goes up 50 points every time I see one of those roadside snoopers, they just infuriate me.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
The one's I've seen up North take a reading while waiting to enter the freeway. If your over the limit you get a letter to go get smogged.

I've never seen a safety inspection :) going on at the same time.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
I have seen many of those down here in san diego,ca. :wall:

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
phobos512 said:
Hey everyone, apparently Southern California has come up with a "clever" way of increasing revenue - roadside random smog stations.

Read about it at this link

This isn't something I've heard about or seen...Has anyone around here seen or heard of this before?

I have seen this a couple of time in Riverside. CHP sets up a roadside station and just starts waving people over at random.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts