LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did an inquiry recently on the ROH Wheels web site about their Drift R wheels and whether they would be available for the GTO/Monaro.

The reply is below. I think these are nice looking wheels and the price looks like it would be about $200 per wheel. Here's a link to the wheel:

http://www.groupawheels.com/prod01.htm

Here's my email I got:
Please contact our U.S. sales office @ (866) 764-8729, www.groupawheels.com

We are currently building specific for the GTO a range of 18" & 19" ROH Drift R, in 8" & 9" widths. Plan to offer Black centers & Alloy Grey Metallic centers with polished lips.

Due to arrive in late August early Sept 2004.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 7:31 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: FW: ROH Contact Form

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Danny Phillips
> Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 8:48
> To: Tom Platt
> Subject: FW: ROH Contact Form
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [SMTP:[email protected]]
> Sent: Sunday, 4 July 2004 6:25
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: ROH Contact Form
>
> ROH Contact Form
>
> name - Mike Jundt
>
> Vehicle Year - 2004
>
> Vehicle Make - Pontiac
>
> Vehicle Engine - LS1
>
> Vehicle Model - GTO
>
> Address - 14827 Hillside Trail
>
> Comments - Do the DriftR wheels fit the GTO/Monaro? Do they come in
> different finishes? How much would the 18x8 wheel be and what offset does
> it come in?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i would talk to DY about his ROH's. he was not too pleased from what i hear. ask him.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What issues did you run into? If I remember from one of the Aussie's posts, ROH makes the stock wheel for our GTO.

EDIT:
I looked up your thread and it looks like the issue you had was with the 18x9 wheels and tire size.

What I hoping for is when they say they are making them for the GTO that they will have the proper offset on the wheels to fit them in the wheelwell. It looks like there is plenty of room towards the interior of the wheelwell for more tire. They just need to have the right offset.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VY is the designation of the model year of the Commodore. I don't believe jhp builds the wheels, they sell them and they are built by ROH.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
flyinlow said:
What I hoping for is when they say they are making them for the GTO that they will have the proper offset on the wheels to fit them in the wheelwell. It looks like there is plenty of room towards the interior of the wheelwell for more tire. They just need to have the right offset.
Overall quality was not the best with the wheels. I had to trim BOTH the inside AND outside of the wheel well. There is no problem with the offset.

·
Registered
267 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Overall quality was not the best with the wheels. I had to trim BOTH the inside AND outside of the wheel well. There is no problem with the offset.
Same here, I ordered the ROH Strada's from Arrowhead, got them in about 3 weeks. (They were already built, just waiting to be sold).

3 of the 4 wheels had scratches on them. 1 was so bad it looked like it hit a curb, but they said they were never used.

Arrowhead was very quick in responding to my complaint and offered to have all 4 replaced , UPS came and picked them up in a couple of days.

The 3 or 4 days I had the wheels they looked great.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
bclarke said:
Same here, I ordered the ROH Strada's from Arrowhead, got them in about 3 weeks. (They were already built, just waiting to be sold).

3 of the 4 wheels had scratches on them. 1 was so bad it looked like it hit a curb, but they said they were never used.

Arrowhead was very quick in responding to my complaint and offered to have all 4 replaced , UPS came and picked them up in a couple of days.

I have not seen them since, not heard from Arrowhead ever again, they do not respond to my emails, and they have $2500 + of my money :(

The 3 or 4 days I had the wheels they looked great, hopefully I will either get my money back or see the wheels again before it snows. I may have a $700 set of 18 " Nitto 555s for sale soon.
You might want to PM DY on this(he might be able to help)........I am surprised this post has not been removed yet.....

·
Banned
504 Posts
bclarke said:

I have not seen them since, not heard from Arrowhead ever again, they do not respond to my emails, and they have $2500 + of my money :(

The 3 or 4 days I had the wheels they looked great, hopefully I will either get my money back or see the wheels again before it snows. I may have a $700 set of 18 " Nitto 555s for sale soon.
Wheels are on their way back to you already. They're leaving via UPS tomorrow. I'll have tracking #'s for you when I get them from ROH. I personally drove to ROH and made a visual inspecsion of you wheels. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. If they show up damaged you need to make a claim with UPS imediately!! I had to do some sweet talking with ROH because all 4 wheels had evidence of tires being mounted on them.

As far as not getting back with you this week, I'm sorry I've been running none stop all week! Please contact me once you recieve your wheels back. Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Howie said:
Wheels are on their way back to you already. They're leaving via UPS tomorrow. I'll have tracking #'s for you when I get them from ROH. I personally drove to ROH and made a visual inspecsion of you wheels. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. If they show up damaged you need to make a claim with UPS imediately!! I had to do some sweet talking with ROH because all 4 wheels had evidence of tires being mounted on them.

As far as not getting back with you this week, I'm sorry I've been running none stop all week! Please contact me once you recieve your wheels back. Thanks!
Thanks for the update , I do appreciate your response, sorry to sound negative but I was getting worried.

Yes the tire store did mount them before I could stop them, I had told them that only the one was going to be replaced at first, as the other 3 were not that bad. So that was my fault.

Anyway glad to hear they are on the way back. If you could have them shoot me a tracking number that would be great, I missed the UPS the first time they were shipped and had to pick them up.

The wheel really do look great on the GTO, and there are no fittment problems with Nittos.

·
Banned
504 Posts
I should have those tracking #'s for you tomorrow.

·
Banned
504 Posts
I'll check it out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts