LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What??? Next!!!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused:Anyone used a ROTREX unit on any of their cars ? I have only seen on VW's /BMW's etc..., until I spotted this "LS2" in a Nova, company from Denmark makes them, :confused: Curious . Basically,it is a belt driven Holset Turbocharger. Seem out of the norm?:stickpoke May be just the way to go for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ahh Rotrex superchargers.
The reason you only see them on VW's and such is due to the size the superchargers are mase in. They don't make units for large displacement motors. Which is why there are two on this perticular engine.
If I remember right, they also use a planetary gearset, so they spool differently then a centrifigal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
http://www.w2wpowertrain.com

They are considering releasing a Rotrex-based SC kit. It will contain the blower, the bracket, the blower piping, etc, pretty much everying except for the I/C and fuel system.
If you look around their homepage you'll see a black GTO with that setup.

·
What??? Next!!!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the replys . I had already visited rotrex.com & w2wpowertrain websites. I was just wondering if anyone had taken on a rotrex setup. I understand that they/you can put these any 4cycle, various sizes up 620hp per blower. The LS2 in the picture dynoed 1120+ hp/860+tq from 8.25 to 1 (402cu"), saw it run 9.27 at Cordova Dragway. Just got my HOTROD in the mail, the car is it.http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43257&d=1158391236

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
Rotrex do not handle large CFM or large amounts of heat very well. Even the C38-71 Trim, one of the larger out there, do not flow enough for anything larger than about 4.0l Hence the use of twin units. They are reliable units and do make nearly stock profile in power but honestly they just dont handle heat very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts