LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start with something that is fact...the weight. Stock LS1 pressure plate and disc weighs 25.5 lbs. RPS LS1 pressure plate and disc weighs 21.5 lbs. Stock LS1 flywheel weighs 24 lbs. RPS LS1 flywheel weighs 15 lbs. Total weight of stock LS1 clutch assembly is 49.5 lbs. Total weight of RPS LS1 clutch assembly is 36.5 lbs. Total weight savings of 13 lbs. over stock.

First impressions...I'm in the process of breaking it in so I've only put around 80 miles so far. The pedal pressure is significantly harder than stock. I had the opporitunity to compare the RPS with the Textralia and the Spec Stage 2 right next to each other and the pedal pressure in the RPS is way harder then the other two. During my limited driving I was starting to get used to it and it didn't seem too bad but its gonna have to take some getting used to. You can certainly slip this clutch out of first with zero chatter. In fact when I first drove the car out of the garage I didn't even have to touch the gas to get the car moving forward or back. I will chime in with updates when I get some more break in miles on the clutch. Then I'll let her loose and see how she performs when I am banging the gears.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Can't complain about my RPS 2900lbs pressure plate (3+?) feels like stock.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
GMH GTO said:
Can't complain about my RPS 2900lbs pressure plate (3+?) feels like stock.
this one feels NOTHING like stock, its just as heavy as Tonys twin disc. But it does feel NICE!!!! I like the feel, it was real positive feeling and good engaugement. The install was a breeze and now I have a tough choice here on my future clutch text vs. RPS....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got a RPS 2500 and mine chatters a bit in 1st gear. If I rev higher than normal and let off of the pedal it won't chatter but normal acceleration and normal release of the pedal and it will shake the car I'm hopping it will go away I only have about 2500 miles on it.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
If this is the compromise I have to make to get a Clutch that won't crap out slip, stink, blow apart, or be so aggresive it breaks everything behind it.

RPS 2900lbs. clutch feels like what the factory would put behind 500hp.

·
Tom Cruise use ur witchcraft
1,670 Posts
Napravit said:
Lets start with something that is fact...the weight. Stock LS1 pressure plate and disc weighs 25.5 lbs. RPS LS1 pressure plate and disc weighs 21.5 lbs. Stock LS1 flywheel weighs 24 lbs. RPS LS1 flywheel weighs 15 lbs. Total weight of stock LS1 clutch assembly is 49.5 lbs. Total weight of RPS LS1 clutch assembly is 36.5 lbs. Total weight savings of 13 lbs. over stock.

First impressions...I'm in the process of breaking it in so I've only put around 80 miles so far. The pedal pressure is significantly harder than stock. I had the opporitunity to compare the RPS with the Textralia and the Spec Stage 2 right next to each other and the pedal pressure in the RPS is way harder then the other two. During my limited driving I was starting to get used to it and it didn't seem too bad but its gonna have to take some getting used to. You can certainly slip this clutch out of first with zero chatter. In fact when I first drove the car out of the garage I didn't even have to touch the gas to get the car moving forward or back. I will chime in with updates when I get some more break in miles on the clutch. Then I'll let her loose and see how she performs when I am banging the gears.
Take your time breaking it in then let me know how you like it after that. You will get use to that pedal it is stiffer but gets better as you get some more miles on it. I have noticed also that in first you can get some slippage with no chatter which is great in my book versus the last couple of clutches that i had.

·
My most expensive mod ever
2,502 Posts
Any updates? You guys still liking your clutch?

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Made couple blasts with it on slicks over the weekend, best I managed was 1.700 60' then drove it home and to work next morning in traffic.

Granted this clutch isn't for weak hearted, think its lighter pedal pressure then spec 3.

·
Tom Cruise use ur witchcraft
1,670 Posts
Mine felt lighter than the RAM HD i had in there before it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts