LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sand Engineer
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I purchased a wonderful 2006 goat somewhat recently and it has less then 1300 miles on it. Mostly due to the fact that I am over sea's right now. However right before I left the states to come back over here, I noticed a rubbing noise coming from the rear of the car. I had a custom exhaust put on it so I thought that couple be the problem. After looking everything over, there is nothing rubbing. I still have the stock rims and tires on there so that is not what the problem is either. The noise only occurs off throttle. It doesn't make a difference if the clutch is engaged or not, the noise is still there. As soon as you step on the gas, the noise goes away. Has anybody heard of this problem and what might be causing it. It is really annoying me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Sand Engineer
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not the exhaust. All I did was replace the center muffler with a magnaflow and weld in straight pipe where the coffee cans where in the fender. It has more room now then it did. No it didn't do it before the exhaust, however the car was only driven for 1 week and only has 1259 miles on it, so it is hard to say

1 - 3 of 3 Posts