LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Pshhhhhht!
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Can't... stop... modding...
Joined
·
929 Posts
It will rub without rolling or cutting. It will not rub with cutting for sure... that's where I'm at.

To be honest though, it is DEFINITELY worth rolling or cutting for the look it will give you. Staggered setups on GTO's just look incredible.
 

·
burnout silver star award :)
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
RealDeal said:
It will rub without rolling or cutting. It will not rub with cutting for sure... that's where I'm at.

To be honest though, it is DEFINITELY worth rolling or cutting for the look it will give you. Staggered setups on GTO's just look incredible.

+1 :gears:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
i just did 18x9.5 w/45mm offfset in the rear with 265 35 18 and it rubs.im going to cut the rear fender lips today.
 

·
NJ GOAT
Joined
·
745 Posts
It will certainly rub, but for those wheels it seems worth it. They look excellent to me and I myself am actually considering buying some.
 

·
email for pics
Joined
·
742 Posts
get hold of Snafu/Top Shelf on this board, better deal on the same wheels. + he's a sponsor of the board, better customer service as well.:patriot:
 

·
sincitygoats.com
Joined
·
4,827 Posts
Anthony K said:
get hold of Snafu/Top Shelf on this board, better deal on the same wheels. + he's a sponsor of the board, better customer service as well.:patriot:
maybe you got a different quote than me? topshelf was quite a bit more.
 

·
Can't... stop... modding...
Joined
·
929 Posts
Taz GTO said:
Won't a 35mm offset on the front rub on the outside??? Not 100% sure, but I thought it does.
35mm offset is REALLY pushing it. I've heard 40mm is about all you can do to keep it from rubbing. That with a VERY careful tire selection to get a more "curved" shoulder rather than a square one.

Most rubbing actually occurs where the rear clip meets the rear 1/4 panel - it's hard to get rid of.
 

·
Can't... stop... modding...
Joined
·
929 Posts
+10345676543 on contacting Top Shelf for fitment questions and a good deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
tell the seller to try them in my car his warehouse is right next to my house
I dont mind them trying them on
let me know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I bought that set out in hyper black in 19's. You DO have to roll to rear feners. It will rub bad, but once I rolling the have only rubbed twice with a full tank of gas, a bunch of shit in the trunk, and hit a big bump. They look bad ass though.
 

·
No mo' GTO.
Joined
·
3,969 Posts
Taz GTO said:
Won't a 35mm offset on the front rub on the outside??? Not 100% sure, but I thought it does.
On the front, the fender lips are already rolled. Just in the rear where that problem affects the GTO. Just for reference, my wheels have a +37mm offset.
 

·
God Bless Texas!
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
sccaGTO said:
On the front, the fender lips are already rolled. Just in the rear where that problem affects the GTO. Just for reference, my wheels have a +37mm offset.
I would be concerned of "Strut" rub here not "fender" rub on the front.
 

·
Can't... stop... modding...
Joined
·
929 Posts
72/04 GTO said:
I would be concerned of "Strut" rub here not "fender" rub on the front.
40mm front offset will pull the tire WELL away from the strut. That I know for a fact. I've only rubbed in the front on the outside of the fender, but that's only when "shocking" the suspension by hitting a big bump at a good speed. This is all with the Eibach Prokit.
 

·
God Bless Texas!
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
RealDeal said:
40mm front offset will pull the tire WELL away from the strut. That I know for a fact. I've only rubbed in the front on the outside of the fender, but that's only when "shocking" the suspension by hitting a big bump at a good speed. This is all with the Eibach Prokit.
The Ebay ad says its a "35mm offset" on the front, "45mm on the rear". The Strut could come into play with that offset. It seems everyone of our cars is a little different when it comes to fit of wheels.
 

·
- L I T R E -
Joined
·
530 Posts
72/04 GTO said:
The Ebay ad says its a "35mm offset" on the front, "45mm on the rear". The Strut could come into play with that offset. It seems everyone of our cars is a little different when it comes to fit of wheels.
your thinking like backspacing not offset. 35 is off the center of the rim, not the back. so 35 is even further out than 40.
 

·
God Bless Texas!
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
SICKS.OH said:
your thinking like backspacing not offset. 35 is off the center of the rim, not the back. so 35 is even further out than 40.
Your correct, I was thinking strut and should have been thinking fender. Anyway 35 is bad, 40-45 is good.
 

·
No mo' GTO.
Joined
·
3,969 Posts
72/04 GTO said:
Your correct, I was thinking strut and should have been thinking fender. Anyway 35 is bad, 40-45 is good.
Not necessarily bad, but the lower the number, the farther it will stick out from under the fender.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top