LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
9 Second Club
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready for drag days and I was wondering if driving in my EFI "new aged" vehicle will fry anything in the motor deleting my exhaust from the cats back? Or possibly any other complications doing this in newer vehicles compared to the old carburated muscle cars.

John

·
165 MPH club
620 Posts
I can tell you that if you run open headers before the center bearing on your driveshaft you can do severe damage to the bearing which will result in DS failure. I say this because the factory headers point right at the bearings with the exhaust removed.

If you had an exhaust shop put together a very simple extention with a flange that you could bolt up about 18 inches long with turndowns it should run great. I made an extention and ran it like that for a short time and there were noticable gains.

·
9 Second Club
14,897 Posts
Freedom_Fighter said:
I am getting ready for drag days and I was wondering if driving in my EFI "new aged" vehicle will fry anything in the motor deleting my exhaust from the cats back? Or possibly any other complications doing this in newer vehicles compared to the old carburated muscle cars.

John
There is the absolute coolest setup using electric cutouts with extensions described like the post above. Awesome craftsmanship. Do a search

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.