LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea where I'd be able to buy the full 6pc braided brake line kits from either of these brands? I've Googled all possible word combinations I can think of but all I find are the 4pc kits that don't include the inner rear lines. Are there any good alternatives to these 2 brands that have the full 6pc set? I did try searching the forum before making this post but I might've missed it, so I apologize in advance.

·
Seriously?
1,865 Posts
I wanted to order the Russell lines for my Brembo swap but they are on national back order. Instead, I went with a company called Safebrake. They have the kit with all 6 hoses and include new crush washers and tension clips. They make 1 kit for 2004-2006 because the front hoses are the 2004 length. The kit fit well and looks very quality made. Go to my "Time for some big brakes" and you will see some pics of them installed. You can find the kit on eBay and the company is Australian. The Holden guys all favor them.

Font Wood Art Jewellery Body jewelry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to order the Russell lines for my Brembo swap but they are on national back order. Instead, I went with a company called Safebrake. They have the kit with all 6 hoses and include new crush washers and tension clips. They make 1 kit for 2004-2006 because the front hoses are the 2004 length. The kit fit well and looks very quality made. Go to my "Time for some big brakes" and you will see some pics of them installed. You can find the kit on eBay and the company is Australian. The Holden guys all favor them.

View attachment 512152
Awesome, I'll check those out, thank you!

·
Seriously?
1,865 Posts
I believe they do have a coating on them. I can double check at some point and post when I do. I don't know if I will get some time on the car this weekend or not.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
466 Posts
Hmm...AND you get new brackets for the fronts? I had to "recycle" my old PBR brackets to fit the braided lines I got.

Do those Safebrake lines have a coating on the outside of the stainless steel braid? Usually high quality lines have a rubber-like coating on the outside to protect the stainless steel braid from abrasion and corrosion.
By the looks in the pictures, it appears they DO have a rubberized coating. It may be hard to see on your device, but I'm looking at it on a 22" monitor.

·
Seriously?
1,865 Posts
Hmm...AND you get new brackets for the fronts? I had to "recycle" my old PBR brackets to fit the braided lines I got.

By the looks in the pictures, it appears they DO have a rubberized coating. It may be hard to see on your device, but I'm looking at it on a 22" monitor.
Yes, you definitely get new brackets in the kit to mount them on the inner fender up front. You will need to reuse the factory screws. I am very positive they were coated but I didn't want to say so without being sure. These are true factory replacements for all GTOs. The rear lines are a little long for the rear when doing the Brembo swap, but they work. Factory brakes will be fine.

·
Seriously?
1,865 Posts
I'm in the market too but for the OEM brakes for now.
The Safebrake hoses will work fine with the 04 and 05-06 stock brakes. I actually just emailed Safebrake about a solution for Brembo swaps and I think I found an answer but asked them for their input.

Reactions: whippersnapper02

·
Seriously?
1,865 Posts
I was up at the garage farting around with the coilovers and adjusting ride height... the Safebrake hoses are coated. I am still communicating with them about a rear Brembo caliper hose.

·
Seriously?
1,865 Posts
Small update... I went to AutoZone and bought a stock replacement rear caliper brake hose so I could hack it up and get it right where I want it for length. I cut out the hose where the metal portion bends and used a clear tube to join the hose and the caliper fitting together. I hope to get it measured out perfectly tonight then I can send some pics to Safebrake to make the hoses for me. Again, this will be for the 4 piston Brembos on the rear.

Reactions: evsnova74
1 - 12 of 12 Posts