LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that someone might be able to answer. The 2004 GTO is slated to have 350 hp and 365 torque. Does anyone know what that will translate for rear wheel hp and torque?

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Simple, besides the above linked thread, multiply the flywheel numbers by either .85 or .80 (depending on which you feel is more accurate).

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Simple, besides the above linked thread, multiply the flywheel numbers by either .85 or .80 (depending on which you feel is more accurate).
So multiplying buy 2.0 is just wishful thinking??

:drink: :drink:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Not with Fuel, Nitrous, and a decent tail wind:drink:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Tails, just for you, I'll let you multiply it by anything! :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
Tails is multiplying again?!?!:eek: I thought he got snipped!:mullet:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What manufacturer would you recommend for headers, intake and exhaust for the LS1 in the GTO? Looking for performance gains, preferably low end power. From what I was told, a throttle body will loose low end, but make it up in the middle to upper power range. Is this true? Any input is appreaciated. Happy New Year All!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
TprGTO said:
What manufacturer would you recommend for headers, intake and exhaust for the LS1 in the GTO? Looking for performance gains, preferably low end power. From what I was told, a throttle body will loose low end, but make it up in the middle to upper power range. Is this true? Any input is appreaciated. Happy New Year All!!!!
Don't waste your cash on shorties, LS-1's do very well with LT's. (At the mercy of the aftermarket) You are correct on the t.b.
I'm not sure how restrictive the stock catback is, R&D is in order and it's going to take a bit of time for the aftermarket (again) to catch up. If you can open up the intake tract, you should see some good power.

Tried and proven on the LS-1 is a Head and Cam package. You can expect to see at least 70+ h.p. depending on qaulity and cam profile. The only limiting factor is how easily tuned the computer is. I don't know if it's the same PCM used on the previous U.S. LS-1's but PCM tuning is a must for a cam change.

You can build 400+ NA r.w.h.p. into an LS-1 pretty darn easy. Aint cheap, but it is easy. :thumbs:

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
ls1builder said:
The only limiting factor is how easily tuned the computer is. I don't know if it's the same PCM used on the previous U.S. LS-1's but PCM tuning is a must for a cam change.
LS1edit will be available
DiabloSport Revolution/Predator will be available
There is new tuning software that will be working too in a few months

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Now building a 400rwhp LS1 is cheap. You should've seen what it cost in '97/'98. :D

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After my car is in the first mod is to install the Rampod intake w/heatshield. I was looking at the aftermarket MASC Mass Air Flow Sensor? What exactly does an MAF do? How will an aftermarket MAF improve performance?

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advice, we definatley pass on that item. Have you heard any feedback on the MASC Rampod intake?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts