LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vulgar Display of Power
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 04 with what you see in my sig. I dynoed it just before the cam install. Who has the same set-up and aprox what kind of RWHP am I looking at?

People get excited when they hear my beast ideling and ask what kind of hp it's pushing but I would feel better telling them a more acurate # than "Oh...around 400".

·
Needs Directions
3,260 Posts
how you liking the c cam with the manual?

·
Vulgar Display of Power
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
JohnF said:
how you liking the c cam with the manual?
It's a F'ing MONSTER!!! I got the idle down to around 850rpm with my predator tuner and it's puuuuuurfect...:turbonaug !

·
Vulgar Display of Power
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also ...4th gear pulls like 3rd used to from a 60 roll...amazing! :gears:

·
Silver04gto
648 Posts
sound clip? bet it sounds nasty!

·
Needs Directions
3,260 Posts
awesome man, congrats

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
GerminaTOr said:
Also ...4th gear pulls like 3rd used to from a 60 roll...amazing! :gears:
You havent gotten it dyno tuned yet?

·
Vulgar Display of Power
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Baaa said:
You havent gotten it dyno tuned yet?
Nah...not yet. I'm trying to find a place that can send a tune to me via internet and download to my DS tuner. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

·
Sand Engineer
1,123 Posts
Can anybody tell me the difference between the s cam and the c cam...which one is liked better?

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
2006blkgto said:
Can anybody tell me the difference between the s cam and the c cam...which one is liked better?
C cam is for auto trans (A4)
S cam is for M6

You can run the C cam in an M6 but not recommended to run the S cam in an A4 - too rough of an idle for the auto.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
sledheadRick said:
You can run the C cam in an M6 but not recommended to run the S cam in an A4 - too rough of an idle for the auto.
Not true. We have several S cams in autos. The idle is actually smoother then the C cam.
The reason the C cam is preferred for A4s is due to the lower LSA the power comes on a little sooner in the rpm band which is better for the wider gear patterns of the A4s. Keeps the shifts in the ppwoer deeper. The S cam power comes on later. Us M6 guys rpm stays up much higher during shifts.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
GerminaTOr said:
Nah...not yet. I'm trying to find a place that can send a tune to me via internet and download to my DS tuner. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
NO one can send you an optimum tune my friend. To get the most out of it and the best tune, they must have the car. You are playing with fire. It takes multiple runs on the dyno adjsuting parameters to get a tune complete. Every car runs different. Cant just take a tune from another car and pop it in yours and expect it to run right.
I would not be hammering on the the throttle of that car is I were you until you have gotten it tuned properly or one day the sound you may hear is BOOM.

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
GerminaTOr said:
Got an 04 with what you see in my sig. I dynoed it just before the cam install. Who has the same set-up and aprox what kind of RWHP am I looking at?

People get excited when they hear my beast ideling and ask what kind of hp it's pushing but I would feel better telling them a more acurate # than "Oh...around 400".
With my ET Heads, Kooks LTs, S-Cam, and a tune by Chuck I got right at 420/370 in Houston last December. In Dallas after adding 3.91s im 415/362 in 100 degree heat. Baa is pulling within a few rwhp of me using a set of heads he got for free. We both have pretty much the same setup, ported TB, 3" exhaust, and S-Cam so I'm going to guess the ET Heads aren't giving me more than 20 rwhp and that your C-Cam should be getting you to 390-400 although the tune by Chuck in my mind was a key factor in the numbers I got. I agree with Baa that you can't substitute a generic tune and get peak results. Did I say that right Baa?

I'd buy the S-Cam just to crank it and watch people turn their heads to see what it is with that idle. We were leaving the races yesterday and my friend's 68 GTO was drawing a large crowd of fans as they walked through to the parking lot. Mike cranked Ethyl to pull her over nearer them so we could leave together and I bet we got 50 thumbs ups from people. IMHO the S-Cam sounds as good as the Pro Stock cars when they first crank up under the tower.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts