LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Arrrghhh Pi-RAT!
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i have to say, dealing with them on the phone, they are very nice guys, polite, etc..... however... as far as my buisness dealings with them go, im so far disapointed in them... i used them specifically because they were not only a sponsor on this board but most suggest them to be THE dealer to go with if you going to buy a handheld tuner....

Well after two days of phone calls i finally find out whats up..... an order i placed on 9/06/06 was backordered apparently this whole time... now, this irritates me for a few reasons...

1)they never made any attempt to communicate to me that my order was not shipping... no emails, no phone calls, nothing...

2)they had no problem taking my money immediatly...

now explain to me how that works!?:bootyshak

when your processing orders, and you get one for a backordered item, you can push the process charge button, but its to hard to click the email sender button and type "Item currently Backordered"

like i said, my experiences talking to them on the phone have been good, always helpfull, always polite etc.... its just the way that the buisness was taken care of that i have problems with.... when i get my tuner i expect i will be happy with the service i recieve afterwards, its just getting the damn thing thats gotten my goat as of yet...

thus far, with my current experience, would i re-order this item from them?? probally not...

in my opinion, customer service begins with the sale, not after it... if i had recieved a single email or phone call from them to inform me that it was backordered... i would have a much different opinion of them..

so yeah

take it for what its worth

·
Registered
646 Posts
I don't blame you one bit. Customer service should be the most important part of doing business IMO.

I emailed RWTD around 2 weeks ago to ask a few questions about the Predator before deciding if I wanted to buy one or not. I never received a reply.

I know they may be busy but if they can't answer a e-mail in 2 weeks then they are a company I don't care to do business with. If I buy a Predator it will now be from someplace else.

·
GTO...Austalian for Pontiac!
1,527 Posts
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! James NEVER completed my tune, and NEVER paid me for a set of 42# injectors of mine that he sold. That is stealing in my book. He is totally unethical. John left because of this stuff.

·
Registered
646 Posts
MTBDOC said:
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! James NEVER completed my tune, and NEVER paid me for a set of 42# injectors of mine that he sold. That is stealing in my book. He is totally unethical. John left because of this stuff.
I personally don't plan on doing business with them. I've heard enough horror stories about their customer service and their so called custom tunes, that take forever to get.

·
Sponsor
212 Posts
GoatKart said:
Well, i have to say, dealing with them on the phone, they are very nice guys, polite, etc..... however... as far as my buisness dealings with them go, im so far disapointed in them... i used them specifically because they were not only a sponsor on this board but most suggest them to be THE dealer to go with if you going to buy a handheld tuner....
You are absolutely 100% correct in everything that you said. I want to make this up to you, so if there is anything that you need then please let me know, and I will do my best to accomodate you, both now and throughout the future.

emg32 said:
I don't blame you one bit. Customer service should be the most important part of doing business IMO.

I emailed RWTD around 2 weeks ago to ask a few questions about the Predator before deciding if I wanted to buy one or not. I never received a reply.

I know they may be busy but if they can't answer a e-mail in 2 weeks then they are a company I don't care to do business with. If I buy a Predator it will now be from someplace else.
Hello to you as well, kind sir. I went through every "sales" email on the main computer, and I only found one that has not be answered in the last few weeks, and it was sent to us on 9/7. It is in reference to a 2004 GTO, so quite possibly this is you. I'm very sorry that we did not reply back to you. We try our best to answer every incoming email, tho at times we do miss them. We have purposely put up automatic responders that notify everyone who emails us to call us if they do not receive a response within 24 to 72 business hours. Trust me, the last thing I want to do is avoid my customers. RWTD wants to earn the business of each and every one of our customers. I have made mistakes in life, and so has RWTD as a business.

MTBDOC said:
Jack, kind sir, the reason I never completed your tune is because you never came back down for us to be able to do so, for whatever circumstance, or at least from what I'm aware. In terms of the previous dyno tuning, I couldn't initially complete your tune because HP Tuners' LS2 software at the time didn't have the fix for the MAF fail bug in the GM software, and was missing many other parameters needed for your particular application. You were also never charged but once for the times that you were on the dyno here, and I told you personally that I would always help you out on any future dyno tuning. I did this because I wanted to be fair (everyone of us knew that the software was still new and not very complete). I do not recall exactly which dates you were here, but your info is in the old appointment book for 08/05/2005, 09/18/2005, 10/17/2005, and 01/23/2006 (which the last was a cancellation). If I recall, you were involved in an accident of some sorts with your GTO, but I could be wrong.

I honestly do not feel that I have taken anything from you, and I definitely am not a thief. You asked me to sell them for you. I still have a set of 42# injectors for you. Trust me, I would love to oblige you with whatever it is you feel is fair. It is very unfortunate that we have lost touch. Feel free to send [email protected] an email and let us know exactly what you want, and I will be more than happy to oblige. I've actually attempted to call you in the past (many months ago), and I have even left you I know at least one message, and possibly more than one (tho I do not recall for sure).

I'm sure you realize that John has nothing to do with this. His past employment here is a private affair, and I'm positive that John wouldn't want you or anyone else to discuss it openly with anyone, regardless of any positives or negatives. The fact is that John and I continue to remain friendly, and we are definitely not enemies in any shape nor form. I respect him 100%.

All in all, whatever it takes to make any of my customers satisfied, including you Jack, believe me. I leave to go on vacation this Saturday for a full week to St. Lucia for a scuba diving trip. I will be unable to field any calls or return any emails in that timeframe (there is very limited internet access at the resort where I'm staying). However, there will be two employees here next week, so please feel welcome to call us. If you would like to wait until I get back on Monday, Sept. 25, you are most welcome to do that too.

Very Sincerely...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was satisfied with rwtd's service. They tuned my 06 gto to 343rwhp, keeping it conservative just like i told them too. they spent half a day or more tuning it. it runs much better than it did stock. I saw someone come in off the street for a predator or some such programmer and they did it on the spot. He came back after test runs and they worked on till he was satisfied.
They also answered the phone constantly.

The only thing I can say bad about them is that i'm still waiting on a copy of my dyno sheet. :zzz: :)

·
GTO...Austalian for Pontiac!
1,527 Posts
After MULTIPLE emails that went unreturned, and MANY phone calls that were NEVER answered over many weeks, I gave up. From the first time [when I was told to be there at 9am...but nothing got started until after noon] there were issues. The first time was my problem, as I didn't have enough fuel pump. The second time you said that HPT hadn't sent you the maf patch. I found out the next day that newer version with the maf patch was available for download on their site, but you simply hadn't downloaded it.

I left the injectors there and you sold them. I told you I only wanted $175 for them, and you said fine, they were sold. Last contact. Period.

Your guy wanted to schedule me late in the day for the tune, and that just wasn't reasonable, given that it always seemed to take so long, and this was a long drive for me. I asked him to schedule me for morning, and gave some dates [basically had to be a Monday or Friday morning]. There were no further contacts. The time you called me was to ask how much money I wanted for the injectors. I continued to send emails.

As far as the cost of the tune, the first day I paid you [after you had graciously said I didn't need to as we couldn't really get the car tuned as I needed to swap in the Walbro fuel pump], and it was my assumption that this was the cost of the tune. On the second trip, when we actually got FULL THROTTLE tuning done at 7psi, and had to halt the higher boost due to the aforementioned maf patch issue, the car went into "SAFE" mode 3 times on the drive home under part throttle operation. I sent you emails about this as well as trying to call.

Yes, the car was down after I hit the front and we got involved in doing custom paint. As we had a major car show coming up, I wasn't going to drive the car to Mobile and chip the paint until after. I had called during that time...emails...but no response.

James, I will publically apologize for ANY misrepresentation on my part. For months there have been MANY people on this board complaining about buying Predators from you but not getting the "advertised" tunes...MANY customers simply gave up on you. I will readily admit I haven't called nor emailed in months. I gave up too. I have pulled the STS from the car, and am doing one of the initial GenTT twin front turbo installs. Martin is helping me with a "canned" starting point SD tune, as I had already purchased HPTuners when I realized that no further support/tuning would happen from RWTD.

Please forgive any harshness in all of this, but this issue has festered with me for a long time. Clarify one more issue: do you normally not perform part-throttle tuning to make sure that the car is drivable at less than Wide Open?

Thanks for reading....

·
Sponsor
212 Posts
Jack (and others),

Surely we'll have differences of opinion on all of this, and I'll agree wholeheartedly with the majority of information given, as with all of my other customers. However, what I feel that ultimately matters is that I'll take full responsibility for any disparages and customer service issues between us for any reason. Therefore I'm not going to attempt to reply back with contradicting information. Always feel free to be able to talk to me. I want to see us, and everyone whose had their differences with me, being able to know one another on a friendly level again.

As for tuning, both myself and John were working on your car, as you know. You literally had the *very* first turbo LS2 that I'm aware of (still awesome to think about). LS2 tuning on HP Tuners was extremely new at the time, especially forced induction (non-nitrous). Tho many things remain very similar to the LS1 vehicles, there are many things that are quite different. It was out goal to get as much worked out as we could, and knew to do at the time, with such a new setup.

For quite a while now, every vehicle that comes through our shop for a tuning session gets a complete tune, both Open Loop and Closed Loop, from idle all the way up to redline. On GM vehicles capable of such, I temporarily disable the MAF, they then receive full Open Loop Speed Density tuning, I then reenable the MAF (unless the customer wants only a Speed Density setup), and completely and correctly calibrate the MAF transfer across the entire curve so that the commanded PE fueling now becomes Actual fueling. This is the only proper and true correct way of tuning a MAF based system.

Not that it pertains much to the issues at hand here, I wanted to make a comment in regards to your future tuning. Your car is obviously going to peg the stock MAF (they are about done with the MAFia for use on GM vehicles, FYI), as we know, so you're obviously doing the right thing by a full speed density tune. All in all, I would always prefer a MAF tune over a SD tune, especially for forced induction, but your limited at this time.

Very Sincerely,

James

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I can't think of anything bad to say about RWTD, James did an excellent job on my car. I had a change or two I wanted made to the tune, I pulled in the parking lot and had a laptop hooked up to it in minutes. I'm installing a NOS set-up right now and will be returning to RWTD for the re-tune.

·
I Arrrghhh Pi-RAT!
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
wow, wasnt looking to start any flaming of any sort.... just wanted to relay an experience i had with a sponsor of our board that left me disapointed in the buisness.... and ill say again NOT in the people... the individuals i spoke with on the phone WERE helpfull...and all though i didnt called back as i was told i would... when i called them the next day they solved my question....

the email that was refered too above about the 2k4 gto, was probally mine... i still havent ever recieved a response to it by the way...:stickpoke

however its tuning questions, and given that i havent gotten my tuner still at this point, its somewhat pointless anyhow.... supposedly it shipped yesterday....

none the less... to clarify what i already pointed out....

i still look forward to my future dealings with RWTD... as the people were helpfull.. i was merely disapointed in how my initial purchase was handled... thats all, no more no less...

i wanted people to be informed, and was by no means trying to slandar or put down RWTD, as many many people have had positive experiences...and i in fact, still hope to have one, if my tuner ever shows up!!:bomb:

my personal opinion on the matter if i was in rwtd's position, and such a snafu had occured... once the tuner arrived.. i would expidite the shipment and apologise..... to which, they did apologise for the confusion and misunderstanding.... i just dont think they expidited my shipment haha :bomb:

oooooo and free goodies like tee-shirts,hats,stickers, and what not never hurt either!!! ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
this site is loaded with complaints about such dealings with RWTD.Do a search,probably more complaints than any firm selling service.Period.I quit dealing with them over 18 months ago.Always have excuses for poor service etc.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well, at least James came here and confronted the issues in a graceful manor. That is a good start and very commendable. It does seem that they have some major customer service issues to work out though.

My e-mail not being answered wasn't major but small things like that do turn people off when they are interested in a product and get no response. If RWTD can improve on their customer service I think it would improve their image to alot of people.

I personally don't have any hatred towards RWTD. It's mainly their customer service and the stories of bad customer service that have made me hesitant about doing business with them.

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Not trying to pile on...

...since I normally only read threads like these and keep my opinions to myself.

However comma I used to be a happy RWTD customer. When I was an 04 GTO owner, the change from the custom Predator tune was awesome. I posted my default tune and a few days later I had a custom tune. I posted back with my observed results and another day or so and I had the changes and another awesome tune.

I bought a Predator for my wife's 05 SSR from RWTD. It took a few weeks to get the custom tune but, again, the change was awesome.

I was feeling good about RWTD and have recommended them many, many times. That was here, on the SSRfanatic.com forum and on the SilveradoSS.com forum. As soon as the Predator for the 06 Silverado SS was available, I called and had one sent to me. In May 06 I posted a request for a custom tune. I went back to the diablosporttuning.com forum at least once a month after that to add another reply requesting my already paid for tune. I sent emails directly to James and also to [email protected] and received a reply from Weaver telling me he would take care of me personally. That was in August. And yet, I still do not have my custom tune.

For the last couple days, I have been trying to go to diablosporttuning.com but it appears to be down (or dead).

James, I really hate to do business this way but I've made phone calls to you with promises received and no results. I've sent emails with no results. I've posted a request and multiple replies on the forum (when it was up) and again, nothing. NADA. zip.

It's time to rescue this formerly happy customer. I'm planning to do some headers and exhaust but I want to know I will have access to a good tune before I take the plunge.

Diggs

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Yep - checked the web site and it appears to be down still - looking to see if my tune was updated for the new CAI (a bit lean) - though I only asked for it when James went on vacation - so a little early.

I have had basically nothing but good experiences with them. The worst thing was a missed email reply on the 27th of Sept.

James has always come through with my tune changes.

That is why I re-upped my subscription with them.

Glenn

·
GTO-3 SVT-0
283 Posts
diggs! welcome back to the board....when i requested a tune it did take longer than expected but it did turn out to be a very good tune. so to me it was worth the wait just know that ill request a tune a couple of weeks before the work gets done :)

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Interesting - all of the RWTD websites are still down.

I called down there to see what is going on & while the phone kicked into a voice recording - there was no way to leave a message. Hope they are okay - possibly just updating site?

Maybe the moderators have some clue.

·
GTO-3 SVT-0
283 Posts
TTT

i just requested a new custom tune so i hope that everything is ok...

anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
SVT THIS said:
TTT

i just requested a new custom tune so i hope that everything is ok...

anybody have any ideas?
I wish you luck with RWTD (JAMES), you will need it.
He starts out full of promises and then he moves into
the "no reply" mode, this mode lasts for weeks. The next
treatment from him will be the "polite excuse" mode and
then into the outright "no where to be heard from" mode,
that mode lasts for months. Check out past posts about
him from other customers. He is no more than a "snake
oil" salesman with no customer service to speak of. He
sometime states he will "make it right", but I haven't heard of
that happening.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Hello to you as well, kind sir. I went through every "sales" email on the main computer, and I only found one that has not be answered in the last few weeks, and it was sent to us on 9/7. It is in reference to a 2004 GTO, so quite possibly this is you.

Or me.

·
Warranty Killer
400 Posts
Holy old thread batman! In less than a week this thread will be a year old....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.