LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to run a supercharger with headers, heads and cams all installed, for example? The reason I ask is due to my growing up with the Gran Turismo series of video games that don't allow you to have forced induction and h/c, port polishing action, etc. I know it sounds silly but this is me trying to learn more about reality so don't poke too much fun. :)

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Yes it is possible. People do it all the time now on Corvette with a Magnusson, cam , headers, and other little mods. At the stock boost on that supercharger a stock bottom end engine will hold up just fine. It is when you want to go faster and then change the boost that you would get into problems with the bottom end of the motor.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
phobos512 said:
Is it possible to run a supercharger with headers, heads and cams all installed, for example? The reason I ask is due to my growing up with the Gran Turismo series of video games that don't allow you to have forced induction and h/c, port polishing action, etc. I know it sounds silly but this is me trying to learn more about reality so don't poke too much fun. :)

I believe the only thing you have to watch out for is the compression of the motor with the H/C and then wanting to put a SC on. Usually with H/C the compression higher and with a SC the compression will be lower.

Also, Have you got your GT4 reserved yet??? It will be out in Aug!

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
04bluegto said:
video games teach people alot!!! I know how to steal cars and take over the Vice City!!!
I like running over the pimps and taking their money!!! In the game, that is . . .

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
SC with other mods is an invite to some serious $$$ spending and motor building. You could make a sick LS1 with forged internals, power adder cam, head work, dished pistons, and alot of boost. Alot of money but a ton of power :hail: The only problem is you have now exceeding the capacity of the rest of the car. Welcome brakes, rear end, tire, roll cage, etc :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts