LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moar Signature Details Please
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a few of the owners of GTO's have the Trailblazer SS on the side. I have the opportunity to get a leftover 06 with the AWD system. I read a little on the TBSS forum, and of course I know they are slower (need it for winter anyway). But have there been many reported failures of the front diff?

I'd also like your comments on using this vehicle as a daily driver. Likes? Dislikes? I may also look at the SRT-8 Jeep... but price is a bit steeper.

TIA

·
Smug 5.0 Asshole
2,524 Posts
Seems to me, the main dislike for a daily-driver would be the crappy gas mileage you are going to get. On the plus side, dude, it's an LS2 slaved to an AWD system. I can't think of anything much cooler.

·
Suck it Trebek
1,502 Posts
Premium+poor gas mileage FTL

·
Moar Signature Details Please
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mr2guru said:
Premium+poor gas mileage FTL
:gears: That point is one that I realize, but I can handle the gas mileage with where I live. We would be trading an N/A 05 Outback for it. I am 6'3" and my wife is tall as well. We can't take much more of the Outback on long trips, and she appreciates the power of the GTO so she wants a vehicle that moves and provides comfort. The American dream!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts