LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
S1 said i'd have to do a little trimming for my VY Ute not sure how similar the floor pans between the Monaro and Ute are. I spotted this video yesterday of this guy fitting the shifter, he has trimmed the front of the shifter hole.

·
Worthless reject member
39,953 Posts
the only thing i had to trim was the sheetmetal around the left side an forward/left corner of the trans tunnel hole for the shifter. The reverse select lever is small enough to clear everything. the stock leather boot won't work unless you modify it pretty extensively, of course, lol. However, the shift lever and reverse select lever clears all the plastic parts.

the only other thing to watch is that the shifter will sit a lot more forward than the stock shift lever. your knuckles will probably smack the radio if you downshift. you might have to use an open palm for that, or get S1's offset lever.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is the video I was talking about.
I presume your plastics aren't cut like the one in the video?
Thanks for your advise I'll give them a shout and get the offset lever setup to save my knuckles .

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got S1 to add an offset lever in with the shifter so at least I can have the option of either lever.
That dude is happy with his shifter by the sounds of it and didn't mind cutting the plastics.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts