LS1GTO Forums banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Administrator
8,839 Posts
Before I look at these, how much experience with HP Tuners do you have? Please don’t say you just bought it and tried to dive right in...

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Before I look at these, how much experience with HP Tuners do you have? Please don’t say you just bought it and tried to dive right in...
I mean ive had it a while...done some reading on VE tuning/how to setup histograms. But fairly new to it yes. My car isnt crazy modified (stock cam, stock heads, stock intake manifold) so i figured it was an easy way to learn. And i "think" i have an understanding on the ve table at least.

Been using AFR error ratio with an aem wideband.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Not really. If im doing something crazy wrong then itd be nice to know. Or if im at least on the right path and just need to continue logging and tweaking and tweaking and tweaking and tweaking and tweaking

·
Administrator
8,839 Posts
For a header only car, you can leave that VE as you now have it and focus on the MAF. Reason being is that if you are using a MAF, you just need to get the VE roughed in to account for larger throttle transients, and what I see is close enough.

You now need to dial in WOT fueling with a MAF AFR Error histogram. Once that is done, you then fine tune part throttle fueling with the LTFT + STFT Math histogram using the fuel trims.

You also need to be cognizant of, and adjust, the timing tables while paying attention to KR if you want to maximize power.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 · (Edited)
For a header only car, you can leave that VE as you now have it and focus on the MAF. Reason being is that if you are using a MAF, you just need to get the VE roughed in to account for larger throttle transients, and what I see is close enough.

You now need to dial in WOT fueling with a MAF AFR Error histogram. Once that is done, you then fine tune part throttle fueling with the LTFT + STFT Math histogram using the fuel trims.

You also need to be cognizant of, and adjust, the timing tables while paying attention to KR if you want to maximize power.
Thank you for the insight. Hopefully this can help others as well.

If i was going to leave speed density would you consider tuning it in more? I know in CL the stft/ltft would adjust as necessary anyways though (which i tried to minimize).

As far as MAF I believe i have a baseline by doing cylinder airmass/frequency histogram. So should be a check with the afr error then your suggestion for monitoring stft/ltft

Does any of the knock look like too much? Most ive seen is maybe a degree (need to look at the logs again). Spark tables i plan to not touch till i have some more knowledge anyways.

·
Administrator
8,839 Posts
If you'd want to leave it in SD, then absolutely as it needs more refinement for SD-only. That said, and unless you are having issues with your MAF, use it to your advantage and keep it. It's much easier to tune a MAF than the VE, and for your power levels, would be silly to eliminate it since it will make your life easier.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
If you'd want to leave it in SD, then absolutely as it needs more refinement for SD-only. That said, and unless you are having issues with your MAF, use it to your advantage and keep it. It's much easier to tune a MAF than the VE, and for your power levels, would be silly to eliminate it since it will make your life easier.
Thanks ski

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
alright...im having an issue with the MAF tuning. i took a baseline of dynamic airflow/frequency from doing the VE tuning and pasted in. i re-enabled the MIL and report on second error.

changed maf frequency fail high to 13500hz
MAF frequency fail low to 0hz

dynamic airflow
high rpm disable 100rpm
high rpm re-enable 0

yet it is showing stupid lean...what am i missing?

log/tune uploaded

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Is dynamic airflow purely calculated from maf frequency? If so that would explain why the values are low because the tables say they should be there?

Maybe. Idk. Going to look into it.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Just found that out also by unplugging the maf. Still dont understand why my values are off like they are though

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I looked at another scan file and used those values, much better. But i only drove up a couple blocks and showing 14.xx afr vs the 17.xx i was getting.

Not sure why they were off on the one i used. Ill mess with dialing it in a bit more tonight or tomorrow.

Any suggestions for idle? Just pull it out till afr is equal to commanded?

·
Worthless reject member
47,668 Posts
what wideband are you using?

i'm having the feeling whatever input the wideband is giving hptuners is wrong, and something isn't configured correctly with vcm scanner or your wideband controller.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts