LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight is the SAE Dinner Presentation on the GTO. I will be attending and was wondering if anybody else from LS1GTO will be there. Should be interesting to hear directly from GM what their objectives were for the new Goat.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I was there also. Sat with Rick Beecherl - president of the Woodward GTO Tigers. Didn't really get much info on the car that I didn't already know - but got to see one and sit in one for the first time :D :D :D

Both this site and newagegto got props from David M. Poniatowski in regards to the marketing and excitement about the new cars.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
I was there also. Sat with Rick Beecherl - president of the Woodward GTO Tigers. Didn't really get much info on the car that I didn't already know - but got to see one and sit in one for the first time :D :D :D

Both this site and newagegto got props from David M. Poniatowski in regards to the marketing and excitement about the new cars.
What were your impression after sitting in the GTO?

It's sweet that this site and newage got mentioned.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from the GTO SAE Dinner Presentation. Not much new information (thanks to great information from LS1GTO.com).

There were 3 main priorities for the GTO Program: (1) Powertrain, and I quote "Big Fat Torque Curve" (2) Vehicle Dynamics, to compete head-on in the 2004 market and (3) Safety and Regulations, primarily interior trim head impact and gas tank position.

Approximately 450 parts were changed from the Monaro to make the GTO. That represents about 20% of the vehicle parts. Changes include higher lift cams, shortened accelerator pedal travel, addition of resonators after the catylitic converters to achieve GTO exhaust sound, etc. Basically sound was a high priority for the GTO.

I've seen varying 1/4 mile times. GM claims 13.8 sec at 105.

They mentioned the huge internet coverage and specifically mentioned NewAgeGTO.com and LS1GTO.com.

There were 2 GTO's there. Got to sit in one! Wow, now I really can't wait for mine!

Also got a GTO brochure!

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They said there were 3 main consumers out there: (1) old GTO fans, (2) young people who don't know about GTO heritage, and (3) internet people. They were happily surprised that new sites specifically dedicated to the new GTO had emerged. They also showed pictures that are posted on these sites to show how closely we are watching them. They mentioned that we know when the cars left Australia, what ship they were on, when it reached the US, etc. They knew some of us were at the SAE Presentation tonight. They love it.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Ude-Lose said:
is there tension between " newagegto" and "ls1GTO" ?
I have never had a thing against branden or nagto.com ..... I think we can all live together and anyone who has talked to me personally knows I always play fair and never cut Branden down.... but latley his posts have been at my expense. I'm sorry if working at making a better site means we share the spotlight.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Thanks guys I had a good belly laugh on your comments. Since they are reading these sites...
My Name is Steve Nelson and I ordered a Cosmos Purple through Valley Pontiac in Auburn WA and am waiting for a frickin' order number!!!!

Think that will help??

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Tails said:
Thanks guys I had a good belly laugh on your comments. Since they are reading these sites...
My Name is Steve Nelson and I ordered a Cosmos Purple through Valley Pontiac in Auburn WA and am waiting for a frickin' order number!!!!

Think that will help??
C'MON PONTIAC!!! GET THIS MAN A GTO ASAP!!!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Awesome, It's nice to have GM mention us. As a loyal buyer of only GM products they should send me some GTO stuff. :D

·
Banned
504 Posts
It's great to see that even Pontiac has taken notice of both sites. I love visiting both sites and reading the posts made it's members.

Glad to see you liked the interior! After sitting in the GTO Autocross at SEMA, I must say the seats are some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in. The interior finish is second to none!! By the way what color GTO's did they have and what trannys' where they equipped with?

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
DevilYellow said:
:sneaky: what'd they say bout me and the other 'rigged' together site with no news who confuses me with clubgto.com?
I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or serious, but they just said both sites have a good following and tons of information. Personally I read each every day. The only thing I've seen bad posted about this site is that he's not going to do a tracker because it's getting late for it to be useful. I read it as he didn't need to because it was already done.

As for the cars - both black on black A4's. It was interesting to note how they emphasized the good fuel mileage of the M6, but glossed right over the A4 without mentioning the dreaded gas guzzler tax. The car felt right and looks even better in person than in the pics. I'm trying to figure out why the front fender crease-line never shows up in the pictures?

I also think you could help the stance with some 18"s in the rear and a little bigger tire. But overall the car looks just mean enough.

Oh, and my dad was talking with one of the presenters and the question came up about Pontiac dropping out of Nascar and yet releasing this car at the same time. The response was that there were other types of racing (at which the person who asked seemed a little confused, apparently). My dad said 'Trans Am' - and the response was a smile and that yes, that was certainly a possibility...

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I notice the crease line all the time. :) But I think it may have to do with your eyes focusing on the wheels and bulge of the fender to distract you from seeing that crease.

As to NASCAR, I mentioned it in another thread. It has to be classified as a mid size sedan or coupe, there has to be a certain wheelbase criteria met as well as how many they sell, etc, etc. They can't just come out with a rwd car and drop it into NASCAR. If that were the case, they coud've used the Trans Am too!

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or serious, but they just said both sites have a good following and tons of information. Personally I read each every day. The only thing I've seen bad posted about this site is that he's not going to do a tracker because it's getting late for it to be useful. I read it as he didn't need to because it was already done.
I was just joking around. The tracking system on this site was reffered to as being "rigged together"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts