LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
It's only cosmetic...
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out crusin' Gratiot last night in my 06 PBM M6 with a couple other guys. One of them has an 05 IBM A4, the other a 3.8 Mustang GT. The guy in the GT wanted to make a round, when a 2000ish Saleen S281 decides to whomp him at the light. I rolled up next to my buddy after it and all he had to say was, "SMOKE HIM!". We had to make a few more laps to get a good line up. Red light...I do a slow roll to see if he's going for it, he punches it and jumps up a fender. I slam it to the floor and fly past him, hit second and chirp em. He kept going north and I didn't see him the rest of the night.
The SS was later. I was crusin behind the 05 IBM and could tell this SS wanted to throw down. Traffic wasn't being too nice. He tried lining up with the 05, not enough room. He drops back and starts asking if I want to run. We both slow down to get some more room and the 05 speeds up to give us room. I wasn't sure what he was running and wanted to see just how bad his car was, so I hit it at about 20 and chirp, chirp chirp...hit second chirp chirp chirp...hit 60 and lay off. He rolls back up and starts to say something. I roll my window down and he repeats what he said, :eek: "Nevermind...Nevermind!":eek:
I really love this car. No mods, and I can pull this kind of stuff.

·
Still Here
160 Posts
dclaw_fantum said:
One of them has an 05 IBM A4, the other a 3.8 Mustang GT.
3.8 GT? Tell him to hold onto that car. Its pretty rare, not many were made.

Last I checked Ford only made zero.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
dclaw_fantum said:
Went out crusin' Gratiot last night in my 06 PBM M6 with a couple other guys. One of them has an 05 IBM A4, the other a 3.8 Mustang GT. The guy in the GT wanted to make a round, when a 2000ish Saleen S281 decides to whomp him at the light. I rolled up next to my buddy after it and all he had to say was, "SMOKE HIM!".
are you sure it wasn't a ferrari?

·
It's only cosmetic...
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kris said:
3.8 GT? Tell him to hold onto that car. Its pretty rare, not many were made.

Last I checked Ford only made zero.
It was in 94 when they changed from the fox body. His is black and beat up, and someone at work has a white one. So Ford made at least two.

·
Still Here
160 Posts
dclaw_fantum said:
It was in 94 when they changed from the fox body. His is black and beat up, and someone at work has a white one. So Ford made at least two.
I know Ford offered a Mustang GT in 1994. I am not contesting that. What I am contesting is Your statement that Ford offered a 3.8 liter motor in the GT. That is incorrect.

The only motor in the Mustang GT in 1994 was a 5.0 liter V8. There wasn't a GT in 1994 (or any year that I can recall) that had a 3.8 liter motor. Your friends are bunch of posers if they have Mustang GT emblems on a 3.8 liter (LX) Mustang. Next time you see them ask if they actually paid Mustang GT prices for a LX Mustang.

:slap:

·
seppuku rights activist
4,317 Posts
phillysrt4 said:
are you sure it wasn't a ferrari?
LMAO!

:bs: This whole story is very skeptical. There is no such thing as a 3.8 GT. Period. The 3.8 litre was the V6 model, which disqualifies it from being a "GT". There was a 5.0 and a 4.6 between 1994 and 2004 in the GT. Otherwise it's a V6 Ricetang.

And having a last gen SS camaro puss out like that, assuming it was an LS1 SS, I just ain't buying that. Most ain't stock, but if they are, will give our LS2 a run for the money.

One last thing, the Saleen went north? Generally when things are going behind you they are going south, unless you were speaking of a change in his direction.

·
Times Up Ponyboy!!
1,092 Posts
I usually don't doubt kills, but if you don't know your friends' car is NOT a GT with a 3.8, are you sure it was a SS you laid the smack on so easily??

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
BRN2ROLL said:
I usually don't doubt kills, but if you don't know your friends' car is NOT a GT with a 3.8, are you sure it was a SS you laid the smack on so easily??
Hey was the SS the ultra-rare 3.8 SS? I love those...they are the coolest!! People that know nothing about cars really should just buy Honda's and not talk smack!!:bs:

·
It's only cosmetic...
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
goat-ee said:
Hey was the SS the ultra-rare 3.8 SS? I love those...they are the coolest!! People that know nothing about cars really should just buy Honda's and not talk smack!!:bs:
I'll post picutres of the girl-from-work's 3.8 GT tomorrow. I assure you they are real.

I met up with the guy with the SS last night and found out it was only an LT1 - bone stock.

North was the direction in which we were driving, as in toward Canada. On Gratiot, people drive between 12 Mile and Frazho heading south from 12 toward Frazho and north from Frazho to 12. We were going north and he kept going past 12 Mile, and never returned; after he had made a few laps, before I spanked him.

Oh, and by the way I'm a tech at a dealership, I know my cars, it's my job.

·
King George GTO
62 Posts
dclaw_fantum said:
I'll post picutres of the girl-from-work's 3.8 GT tomorrow. I assure you they are real.

Oh, and by the way I'm a tech at a dealership, I know my cars, it's my job.
Someone definately has a set of GT badges missing off of their mustang.
You must detail cars at that dealership or even better; work at a Jiffy Lube.

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
Please post what dealer you change oil at, so the folks that are in the area can avoid it!! Please do yourself a favor and do just a little research and you will find out that NO GT Mustang EVER had a 3.8 V6...EVER!!! Shockingly enough there was a Mustang GT Turbo with a 2.3l 4 cylinder though in I believe 84'. I not only own the GTO, I also currently own a Cobra Mustang and my teenage son has a 92' Mustang LX with a turbo 2.3L 4 cylinder conversion. And have previously owned 3 other Mustangs and I make it my JOB to know everything there is to know about Mustangs!! So please educate yourself and then try talking sh*t, it's alot more convincing!!

·
Times Up Ponyboy!!
1,092 Posts
LMAO, you're just making it worse, you mention in your thread title that it was a last gen SS and then say the car has an LT1!!! and you're a tech at a dealership!?! You don't know a thing about Mustangs, can't recognize a last gen SS.....my next question is...do you even own a GOAT?

·
Inching closer to Molon Labe
1,951 Posts
Geez you guys are harsh, he wasn't talking shit about the Mustang, he said it was his buddy's.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
BRN2ROLL said:
LMAO, you're just making it worse, you mention in your thread title that it was a last gen SS and then say the car has an LT1!!! and you're a tech at a dealership!?! You don't know a thing about Mustangs, can't recognize a last gen SS.....my next question is...do you even own a GOAT?
4th Gen is from 1993 to 2002, 5th gen is the 2009 version, correct.

Sure the 98-02 with the LS1 is different than the 93-97 with the LT1, but they are the same gen.

·
Times Up Ponyboy!!
1,092 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
4th Gen is from 1993 to 2002, 5th gen is the 2009 version, correct.

Sure the 98-02 with the LS1 is different than the 93-97 with the LT1, but they are the same gen.
You're absolutely correct, but what I was referring to was his surprise to see that it was an LT1, thus not realizing or recognizing the difference between a '97 and '98 SS bodystyle which would inherently tell you whats under the hood.

·
It's only cosmetic...
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
goat-ee said:
...there was a Mustang GT Turbo with a 2.3l 4 cylinder though in I believe 84'...
That was never a GT, it was the SVO, so even you are mistaken. I was wrong about the 3.8 GT, but both were bought badged and bumpered already.

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
There was an SVO AND a GT Turbo in 1984. http://www.mustanggt.org/84gt.htm Once again, please quit talking you just dig deeper all the time.

Are you so clueless that a badge is all that is required to confuse you? 99% of REAL car enthusiast don't have to look at a badge to know, as there are many other clues that tell what the car REALLY is!! Educate yourself and then talk to me about cars. Here is a start on what a couple of different year Mustangs look like.

My son's 96 Cobra!!

My 03 Cobra Convertible.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.