LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This story has a couple of parts, so I'll just copy/paste my posts from the other site-

He PMed me on Wedensday saying he had an oil pan for my car. After several PM's back and forth, I sent him payment- at which point he was very lax in replying to any of my emails, IM's and only one PM. I know it isn't a long period of time since payment was made, but he was very quick to respond prior and since I have only gotten one response from him, and that was after threatening to post a beware post. I sincerely hope it is a misunderstanding, but I have seen him several times on AIM, he is reading all my PM's and has been on here several times in between with no replies. It takes 3 seconds to reply and keep me up to speed, but he just ignores me- that would make any buyer nervous. He did say "go ahead and post it and you'll get plenty of positive replies about me"- I hope so, if not- there will be bigger problems. Thanks for your time.
Joe

I had to chase him to another site and PM him in order to get a reply. He said it shipped today (Monday)- but it was shipped after I asked for a refund. He may be a good guy, I don't know- but this is ridiculous. He tried to turn it around on me and say I "dragged my feet for 5 days to pay him"- huh, funny, I have PM's to prove I paid within one day of our first conversation- and that was only because I was waiting on him to send pictures, it would have been sooner.

The whole deal just seems a bit shady to me. He also said "I told you that you would have it by Tuesday, and you will"- but the tracking info shows an ETA for Thursday- completely screwing me with my plans to have the car done and tuned for the weekend. All I asked of him was an honest answer and a reply, I needed to know when to expect this because it is holding me up, I told him that I couldn't afford to go ignored- yet, he continued to do so and did not ship until after a paypal complaint was filed and a PM, IM and email sent requesting a refund because I found the item from a more reliable source. Now he ships it and screws me more. Oh well, if others learn from this, then it's good I guess..

Sam, Josh, whatever your name is- all I asked from the start is for a reply- how dare you email me and try to turn it around on me. As I mentioned, I have every PM, email, IM and the paypal records to prove I was ignored and in the right here. Hell, I even have screen shots of you being online on both AIM and here after PM's were sent requesting a reply so I know what is going on (and refund requests PRIOR to you shipping it) and read-receipts for PM's that went unanswered. You have some nerve shipping it AFTER I requested a refund only to turn it around on me with your "I will not refund your money until I get my part back"- childish at best. Heh, I would not be surprised to get a box of rocks at this point...
Joe

PS- once I receive the item and it is in the condition it was "sold" to me as, I will gladly post that also. I will also gladly retract all this and apologize if I am proven wrong here, however, I have the proof otherwise.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add that in the paypal dispute, he is even trying to turn it around on me with his "buyer found it cheaper and is trying to back out, I contacted him several times to tell him he'd have it on time"- As for cheaper, one other guy PMed me with a lower price, but I even told him at the time that I had already paid someone but had a feeling he was dicking me around- AND I offered to pay sam88gta1 extra shipping to get it here sooner SINCE then, so price was not a factor in this at all- his complete lack of response was.

If I had not seen him sign on and off AIM and various websites, I would have gone with "ah, just away for the weekend"- but that isn't the case, he was reading my PM's, IM's, emails, etc. and just ignoring them. He can talk a good story to make him out to sound like the good guy, but I have all the proof here that he was just avoiding me until the dispute, at which point he shipped the item out after I requested a refend and pulled the "Item already shipped, you will not get your money back untl I have my item back" card- very unprofessional and childish.

If it is just a misunderstanding, it could have been prevented with COMMUNICATION- I have all the PM's showing he replied within an hour at the most to EVERY PM before sending payment, then he just disappeared once it was sent and all my PM's went unanswered. I had to go to another board to get him to respond. Hell, I even asked him if he needed more money for shipping or the pan after paying him and he never responded to that either (have that proof too...)- so he has some nerve saying I found it cheaper and want out..

I was going to buy the other pan also just to make sure I get one on time, so his "trying to cheap out" thing is bullshit. I told him from the start it was a time constraint and not a price thing. He needs to grow up.
Joe

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
Well good luck...saw your thread on tech...

·
Registered
559 Posts
I feel your pain!
I had a similar EBAY experience.
The seller got pi$$ed at me because I accused him of "screwing" me out of $25.05 because he hadnt shipped the item after 4 weeks!
He claimed the post office worker was new and he had attempted to ship 9 times????? What kind of BS is that?
It took almost 2 months to get my money refunded and the guy sent E-Mails mocking me for filing a complaint.
I havent bid on EBAY since.

·
LS2 6speed Gta
4 Posts
Ill reply with the same message I left on tech.

I hope you are happy with your oil pan when you get it and decide to retract your claim on Paypal.

I think this is all funny really...You are flipping out cause I didnt send something over the WEEKEND! How am I going to do that?
You paid me on a Wednesday late I waited till it cleared my paypal and sent it out on Monday paid $55 to have 3 day air.You paid $10 for shipping.
I dont send anything out with paypal untill it clears my end.

You are making a big deal about something that is on it way to you and I was told it would be there on "Wed" when I left Fedex.I could have paid $92 and had it there on "Tuesday" but getting that money from you would be a problem.
You first replied to my pm I sent on Tuesday the 3rd.You sent the money on the 5th at 8 pm...It didnt clear till Friday at 8 And I cant send anything out over the weekend.

You are trying to make it look like you got screwed but the pan is on its way and was scheduled to be there on Wednesday through Fedex when I shipped it.I dropped it off at 12 yesterday NOT after you tried to get your money back...this after I TOLD YOU it would be there on TIME!
That one message is not good enough for you...how many times did I need to tell you it would be there?

Also let me know if you plan on sending me a message on AIM cause I dont accept messages from anyone not on my list...I dont even get a request for a message.
The whole time you were trying to talk to me via aim you were wasting your time.I asked you what name you were using so I could add it to my list and recieve messages....you never told me it.

·
LS2 6speed Gta
4 Posts
If you go and look on tech and at my posts between the 6th and now you will see that I was not out trying to buy everything in the forsale section for $130.
I was looking at a $20K T/A and asking about the new GM L92 heads.

And if you plan on being a dick on here about this dont keep sending me pm's about how I did the ls2 swap in the GTA and what C5 I own.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was only trying to get replies from you by discussing the cars, nothing more, I could personally care less about your cars.

As for payment clearing- it clears immediately, it is not an e-chek, it comes direct from my paypal account, so don't give me that BS. The transaction was "completed" in paypal shortly after I sent it.

I never said you were out trying to rip me off and spend my money on parts, not once- I did say your communication is awful. Don't give me that "it was the weekend BS either- I was on both sites and AIM and saw you on there constantly during this time frame- YOU just chose not to reply to my PM's.

Heh, don't even say "getting the extra shipping from you would be impossible"- I offered from day one to pay extra to get it here ASAP, do I have to start taking screen shots of PM's, PayPal, etc. to show this.

As for it being $55 to ship an oil pan standard ground, I highly doubt it- if it is, I will gladly reimburse you shipping- I am not out to screw you, just get my part and your responses like any buyer would be.

You also got caught in another lie- you have told me several times "I told you that you would have it on Tuesday- and you will"- both before AND AFTER you shipped it, yet today you tell me that FedEx told you Weds when you shipped it- odd, huh? Dude, just keep your story straight and keep your replies sincere and timely and there will be no problem. I have told you this from the first hint of "shadiness" I got from you.

I will gladly let people know when the part arrives and if shipping was more- I will gladly pay the difference. Like I said, not out to get something for nothing here. You sure try to have a way with twisting words, don't you.
Joe

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, just saw that you say you told me to let you know what my AIM screen name was so you could add me- BS. Not once did you ask that. Also, when you do not accept messages from people not on your list, your name does not show up at all to other people- nice try. Man, you keep digging deeper bud...
Joe

·
LS2 6speed Gta
4 Posts
Oil pan was delivered two days ago...What is going on?
It was there on Wednesday and you didnt take care of this post like you said you would.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sam88Gta1 said:
Oil pan was delivered two days ago...What is going on?
It was there on Wednesday and you didnt take care of this post like you said you would.

As I said in the PM, I apologize- I updated the post on ls1tech, but forgot about this one. I'll just copy/paste the post from ls1tech.
Joe

Here is the other post-

As I said I would do- I am updating to let you know that the pan showed up. Apparently, whoever you spoke with at Fed Ex knew more than their tracking system, which showed Thursday 4:30 as an ETA.

Now, you know as well as I do that the only reason it cost $50 to ship is because you did not ship it "same day" as you said you would. I will be more than happy to reimburse you whatever you think is fair in additional shipping, as I said several times. We both know that it would not have been $50 if shipped on Friday as you said it would to get here the same time. Let me know what is fair for the difference and I'll paypal it over to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts