LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While technically the exhaust tips are... exhaust components, they're really more of an appearance mod IMO. Having said that:

Does anyone have any pics or recommendations for exhaust tips with the SAP bumper? I have an 05 MBM with the stock SAP dual staggered tips.

While searching I've seen a few guys run larger 3"-3.5" dual tips and they look great, albeit similar to the stock SAP tips.

Has anyone run single square/oval tips or dual square tips with the SAP bumper? I'm kinda leaning towards single square or round-square tips.

Here are some examples:

For Reference:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts

Here are some examples:

If the oval ones fill the opening, I think those would look really good. Otherwise, something like that C63 would be the closest I would go to a square shape. The GTO just doesn't have many straight, sharp edges like that Acura has.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll have to forgive my paint.net 'skills', but here are some rough mock-ups of two styles

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I contemplated the same thing, but feel the quad tips look best:
I have to say those 06 tail lights (mines an 05) and lip spoiler really make the SAP rear look great.

Are those just 3" dual tips (staggered)?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3.5" dual tips, yeah they are staggered (angle-cut?) so they fit the "curve" of the rear bumper.
It looks like you painted the bottom of the rear bumper black. Any info on this? I have a few scuffs I'd like to hide.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dual round double wall angle cut staggered are where its at...

That does look great. I might try one of the options here, but if I don't like it I'll go with the quad 3.5 round. Nice having another mbm w/SAP to compare. Now if I can just get some VX tails or 06 tails...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts