LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
You talk about vengeance...
6,779 Posts
It looks like you painted the bottom of the rear bumper black. Any info on this? I have a few scuffs I'd like to hide.
Yep. Plastidip and painters tape. Couple ways to do it...shorter way is to use a blade when taking off the painters tape, but it may look a bit "rougher". Longer way is to apply a thick coat and remove the painters tape after a few minutes before the plastidip dries and bonds to the tape. Reapply tape and do a second coat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
dual round double wall angle cut staggered are where its at...

where did you find these baad? i read a few of your other posts saying ebay... but i cannot seem to find the staggered ones? all I can find are the yonaka ones Here any help would be appreciated... especially since they appear to be on sale for another week.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,375 Posts
You'll have to forgive my paint.net 'skills', but here are some rough mock-ups of two styles

AMG quads, despite the smooth lines of the GTO. Round tips just don't seem to flow better than these smooth squares.

Now I kind of want a SAP bumper with AMG quads. :)

·
Let's race, punk.
11,469 Posts

Another vote for these tips.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead.... will quad 4" tips fit the SAP opening or only 3.5" tips? About to order a set.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks thats what i thought but was not sure. I have single Corsa tips now, they look good but there is way to much room around them. I love how the quads look on your BAAD LS2 and fill the whole bumper opening. I have to repair my Corsa system so I figured now would be the time to do the quads!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bringing this OLD thread back. Just picked up a 05 GTO with the SAP package. The 2.5" round tips look too small. I doctored up an image to show some amg style square tips vs a 3-3.5" round tip. What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like the guy on page 1 that got 3.5" rounds to fit. Not sure how he pulled that off. I'm 50/50 on your round v. square dilemma. The SAP rear bumper I don't think has a perfect tip setup. They should have made the cutouts much larger.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts