LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit the bullet and jacked up one side at a time to install the SAP Mufflers. It took a while. I didn't have the best angle. And took a few breaks. :drink: I got one side done before nightfall and instead of finishing at 8am before work - ****`it! I whipped out some extension cables and made a rigged spot light to jack up the other side and finish the install. Would have been sooooo much easier on a lift or ramp.

But. WOW! I love the sound! I was passing by Mustangs and dropping it in 2nd. Fun fun. :burnout:

Anybody notice that the left side sticks out a little too much?! The right side is almost perfect, off by a half inch. At least now that it's all on, I can fix the tips without jacking up the car... AGAIN! :punch:

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
Sound clip? I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but I'd like to hear what it sounds like first.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I had the SAP mufflers on my 05 GTO. They are a little louder than stock. They give the car a slightly more aggressive sound.

They sound really nice with long tube headers (and not overly loud).

·
Registered
125 Posts
i just put a set on my car as well and i love them, the bad news for others looking to buy them is that gm has discontinued them and they are no longer available. i got a used set off the board and i couldnt be happier. i used single round tips off a corsa exhaust and kept the factory bumper. ill post pics and video clips as soon as i get a chance. deffinatly louder than stock as one of the best sounding ive heard on these cars.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just put these on over the weekend as well. I have resonator delete and yeah they sound awesome. I can't wait thill they break in. I don't have tips yet so pic of peoples installs will help me figure out how to get tips on them. Looks kind of funny right now but the sound........makes up for it. I can see the passenger side looks to be perfect fit. The driver side looks to be to the left and up. I tried several ways of adjustment but can't get it centered in the cutout. A little help here too guys if you can.

·
Registered
125 Posts
the left tip can be lined up by taking a pry bar to the hanger that is attached to the frame the rest of adjustment is done by using a short length of pipe that is slightly larger in diameter than the muffler pipe and weld it in place on a small angle ill try to post pics soon

·
Registered
387 Posts
Right on thanks! That's exactly the info I needed. Now what about tips? Where can I get those?

05torridred60 said:
the left tip can be lined up by taking a pry bar to the hanger that is attached to the frame the rest of adjustment is done by using a short length of pipe that is slightly larger in diameter than the muffler pipe and weld it in place on a small angle ill try to post pics soon

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got a set of SAP mufflers for sale if anyone's interested. I used them for 6 months but they are in perfect shape w/o scratches on the polished shell. PM me if interested!

·
Registered
387 Posts
May take you up on that. I'll contact you when I get back from my trip.

Btw I love the sound now. It's getting louder now. Time to look into getting my long tubes and free flow cats now.

orion4096 said:
You can buy those straight, clamp on tips from me if you want. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts