LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Kicked the Salesman's Ass
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How different do our cars sound with the SAP kit?

Is there any change in felt power?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
My fiance's goat came with the SAP and we absolutely love the way it sounds ....it does sound a bit different then the regular exhaust. As far as power goes....I don't know about that
 

·
Transplanted Motor City dude
Joined
·
744 Posts
I love the SAP mufflers -- they're quite a bit louder and beefier than the stock exhaust, that's for sure. A much more bassy sound as well. Don't know about power improvement, probably not much. Nothing your butt dyno would feel, anyway. :D

I have a clip of my car with the SAP mufflers installed, that might give you a bit of an idea.
 

·
Kicked the Salesman's Ass
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BanditWS6 said:
I love the SAP mufflers -- they're quite a bit louder and beefier than the stock exhaust, that's for sure. A much more bassy sound as well. Don't know about power improvement, probably not much. Nothing your butt dyno would feel, anyway. :D

I have a clip of my car with the SAP mufflers installed, that might give you a bit of an idea.
Thanks Bandit! Your car sounds sweet. My dealer has an SAP kit he is willing to sell cheap. So I wanted to know what it sounds like.

Any chance you want to do that again, this time running the car hard through the first 3 gears?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
I perfered my SAP to my Magnaflow, pre LTs. Any power differences if any are not noteworthy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
RSR679 said:
I perfered my SAP to my Magnaflow, pre LTs. Any power differences if any are not noteworthy.
The SAP mufflers are rumored to be Magnaflows.:stickpoke
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
38 Posts
Bad_frog66 said:
The SAP mufflers are rumored to be Magnaflows.:stickpoke
They are. When I got the mufflers from GM Performance Parts, directions from Magnaflow were included. Also, the box had a label from Magnaflow performance. I can't wait to finally get it installed. But 3 places want 1.5 hrs, and 1 said they would push for 1 hour. $100-$150 is a bit much for unclamping the stock mufflers, and then clamping on the SAP mufflers.
 

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
BanditWS6 said:
I love the SAP mufflers -- they're quite a bit louder and beefier than the stock exhaust, that's for sure. A much more bassy sound as well. Don't know about power improvement, probably not much. Nothing your butt dyno would feel, anyway. :D

I have a clip of my car with the SAP mufflers installed, that might give you a bit of an idea.
+1 thats what mine sound like I have the SAP on my 06 .
1969 SS your going to the Lobster & Steak Run.. you see it..


Morty:gears:
 

·
Driving the Legend
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
06BLKSAP said:
They are. When I got the mufflers from GM Performance Parts, directions from Magnaflow were included. Also, the box had a label from Magnaflow performance. I can't wait to finally get it installed. But 3 places want 1.5 hrs, and 1 said they would push for 1 hour. $100-$150 is a bit much for unclamping the stock mufflers, and then clamping on the SAP mufflers.
clamping??

unbolt old, bolt on new. pay me $100, I'll have it done in ten minutes tops.
 

·
OZ GTO
Joined
·
89 Posts
I just bolted up some SAP mufflers on Wednesday I bought from a member here. Sound is quite a bit deeper and more muscular than stock. I've heard a lot of exhausts and even had straight pipes on mine for a while but the SAP sound is the best I've heard so far in terms of the level of volume and tone.

The swap literally takes 10 minutes but at around $300 for a set I dont think too many people are going to consider this as an option when you can get a full Magnaflow catback for around $530 shipped.

I will get soundclips and pics shortly but the best way I can describe it is that it sounds similar to my straight pipes but with the rough edges smoothed out and toned down properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Bad_frog66 said:
The SAP mufflers are rumored to be Magnaflows.:stickpoke
Yeah, they are. I bought the catback before I knew that. That being said the SAP setup sounds completely different than the Magnaflow catback.
 

·
I'm gonna get you!
Joined
·
2,812 Posts
your not going to feel any power due to mufflers. It sounds a bit better though.
 

·
Omertà
Joined
·
5,303 Posts

·
Kicked the Salesman's Ass
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jontall said:
SAP mufflers are $86.25 each... OEM mufflers are $369.50 each.
Where can I buy SAP mufflers for this price ?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top