LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS delivered a SAP Rear Spoiler that i got for a steal now i have to get it painted IBM instead of the torrid red early next month

·
1 of 262
10,327 Posts
To be truthful, I don't like how high it is but you like it and that's all that matters... Good luck.

·
05 Looks, 04 Slow
1,174 Posts
I agree with Jontall here, not a fan of the SAP spoiler. My favorite was the Mavman, and I was lucky enough to snag one at a low price. As long as you're happy with it, that's what matters.

Hope they get a good paint match

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with Jontall here, not a fan of the SAP spoiler. My favorite was the Mavman, and I was lucky enough to snag one at a low price. As long as you're happy with it, that's what matters.

Hope they get a good paint match
yes me too

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
380 Posts
I actually prefer the SAP over the others...

Attachments

·
2005 Pontiac GTO CGM A4
396 Posts
To each his own, but I'm partial to the OEM smoother lines spoiler myself. All that matters is that you like it, and agree that it's an homage to the Judge spoiler.

Do like the SAP grilles though and picked those up years ago.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The SAP spoiler's design was derived from the Judge as a to late attempt to link the car to the past.
Actually that's not true, the Monaro V2 VZ CV8Z uses the SAP Spoiler

a nice history

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase and yes like everyone says it's personal taste. I think our cars look weird without a spoiler or with the lip spoilers. Be sure to post a picture when you get it installed after paint

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Congratulations on the purchase and yes like everyone says it's personal taste. I think our cars look weird without a spoiler or with the lip spoilers. Be sure to post a picture when you get it installed after paint
i agree they look weird without the a spoiler and pics will be up after I get it back

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Actually that's not true, the Monaro V2 VZ CV8Z uses the SAP Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Cw3Yeo5pc

a nice history

… it uses both the SAP hood and SAP spoiler that was developed for the GTO in 2005. The SAP hood prototype was developed by Gravana Tuning with input from GMs engineers and then selected as the SAP hood. … and that's how the SAP hood was born ...it wasn't Holden...its was GM that developed the SAP components here in the US. We here at this forum then worked with Jim at Gravana to develop the Type-W hood. ... I have a lot of correspondence with Jim on this.

So yeah its true.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
380 Posts
This is one of the things I absolutely LOVE about the new "Pontiac" GTO. It looks good with no spoiler, the factory OEM, SAP, duck bill or which ever spoiler you may have. Then you have the bumper options...here in the states, we had 3 different options (4 if you count the Lingenfelter Revenge GTO) -BUT- I've also seen the Rhys Millen, CV8 and RK Sport ...etc, etc. With all the different choices, I don't understand why this car isn't more popular.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
What exactly is the SAP hood? A fiberglass version of the 05/06 hood? The orange Monaro in the video just appears to have an 05/06 hood with flat painted scoop inserts.

·
Administrator
8,054 Posts
What exactly is the SAP hood? A fiberglass version of the 05/06 hood? The orange Monaro in the video just appears to have an 05/06 hood with flat painted scoop inserts.
It's the 05-06 hood Rich. It was introduced in late 2004 as a dealer add-on to try and push our the remaining 2004's as part of the early SAP package.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts