LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Christian Goat
3,533 Posts
Count me in. Should be a great fun run! I have exactly $11 burning a hole in my pocket, too.:turbonaug

·
Achtung!
3,893 Posts
Right... so you would be putting bags of ice right on top of it... Wheres the confusion? :dunno:

Hell... put the ice IN the fuel cell. :turbonaug

·
Maggied G8 FTW!!
826 Posts
My A1000 fuel pump with twin turbos atop will be boiling fuel on a slow and long trip, but a short break or more cool fuel in the tank will help.
I love the smell of Boiling fuel in the morning....

Wait..... now I'm confused, are the turbos so close to the fuel rails/lines that the fuel boils as it passes by them in the engine bay???

I thought turbos had oil churning through them as they ran, not fuel.???:confused:

I completely understand that the turbos and gonna get freakin hot as hell under that hood. But damn, boiling the fuel before it gets to the engine, shit. I would start work on some crazy ass heat extractor hood or something ASAP. Id probably buy one, just to lower the IAT's on my POS K&N in-bay "CAI".
Man our shit gets hot.:mad:

Boiling fuel is bad.... mmmm Kay........

·
Christian Goat
3,533 Posts
You could do the old-fashioned heat-extraction method....

·
Ryan
221 Posts
I love the smell of Boiling fuel in the morning....

Wait..... now I'm confused, are the turbos so close to the fuel rails/lines that the fuel boils as it passes by them in the engine bay???

I thought turbos had oil churning through them as they ran, not fuel.???:confused:

I completely understand that the turbos and gonna get freakin hot as hell under that hood. But damn, boiling the fuel before it gets to the engine, shit. I would start work on some crazy ass heat extractor hood or something ASAP. Id probably buy one, just to lower the IAT's on my POS K&N in-bay "CAI".
Man our shit gets hot.:mad:

Boiling fuel is bad.... mmmm Kay........
Heat Extractors are good!... just need to add the turbos now

·
Banned
1,581 Posts
Very funny everyone :)

I have a fuel return line unlike all of you. So unused fuel passes through both fuel rails and returns to the tank. Turbos radiate heat to the fuel rails, therefore heating up the fuel. It's only a problem when I have low fuel in cell, or when I am in LA traffic moving at snail speed. Fix is to add cool fuel to tank, rest the pump, or drive fast to move air under the hood - I wish cops would only understand my problems. Anyway, that's not the purpose of this thread! LOL

·
GoatRun 2010 Baby!!!!!!
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey fellow GoatRun attendees,

Please be advised of the new start time for Saturday's Cruise!!

8:30AM SHARP!!!

I know I know, that's way too early for most of you/us (myself included). After much consideration, we just want to make sure that the following events (BBQ & Drag Racing) are on time. Also this gives us more time for photo ops.

So please make note of the new 8:30am early morning start time.

Thanks,
GR08

·
Maggied G8 FTW!!
826 Posts
who needs sleep anyway.

·
LS Showdown Rnd 2 Aug 3-5
1,061 Posts
3hrs no fill up wow......Thank God my goat is a hybrid

·
Achtung!
3,893 Posts
3hrs no fill up wow......Thank God my goat is a hybrid

Lern 2 reed! :rolleyes:

If your goat can't make it ~120 miles without running out of gas you need to fix your fucking fuel leak. The time estimated by google maps is on the long side. We will probably take that long including our stops for photos etc.

I'll post it again:
There is a station to fillup as we exit Valley of Fire, before we get back on the 15 to head into vegas. You can also get snacks and fireworks there if you are so inclined.

·
Has no region anymore.
1,731 Posts
Down for this. I have an open seat and a camera if someone wants to ride and take pics.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts