101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
43,925 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
im using direct through the obd2 pass-through. i think it is right. i can easily tell the car was running like shit with the high AFRs it was recording. runs like a raped ape at 12.5 WOT.

probably used values from a old file that didnt have the VE quite dialed in therefore calculated dynamic was off?

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
id be curious to hear his opinion.

changed files on my drive. GTO Tunes - Google Drive

scan file i used to get the newest dynamic airflow numbers from : OL WB VE Tuning 11S2_b
made MAF WB Tuning Edit 12 tune file
then the following scan file : MAF12. seems to be much more in-line with AFRs

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
well since i re-enabled STFT/LTFT/DFCO/CFCO i need to revisit something in the tune. occasionally when cruising (only noticed at ~40mph and ~50mph so far) that it will go open loop and a little lean (16) and the trims arent doing anything. leaning towards dfco coming into play? but it doesnt go away when i press the gas or change gears. only seems to reset if i push the clutch in for a bit or change speed enough

·
Worthless reject member
43,925 Posts
Does it do it often? Ive now recorded it multiple times. Itll even give an afr command of 16ish when it happens so im not crazy and getting something way off.

The e40 ecm doesnt have some sort of lean cruise function does it?
it will run every so often. you can turn it off in the tune, but i don't remember if it effects one of the emissions readiness monitors from reporting completed.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
it will run every so often. you can turn it off in the tune, but i don't remember if it effects one of the emissions readiness monitors from reporting completed.
Yeah i saw it. I didnt get my edit in fast enough apparently^

No emissions here so thats not an issue. We dont even have annual inspections.

Edit: seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the tip

101 - 109 of 109 Posts