LS1GTO Forums banner

18K views 197 replies 14 participants last post by  Sacrifice 
#1 · (Edited)
#105 ·
well since i re-enabled STFT/LTFT/DFCO/CFCO i need to revisit something in the tune. occasionally when cruising (only noticed at ~40mph and ~50mph so far) that it will go open loop and a little lean (16) and the trims arent doing anything. leaning towards dfco coming into play? but it doesnt go away when i press the gas or change gears. only seems to reset if i push the clutch in for a bit or change speed enough

#116 · (Edited)
making this post for myself but maybe itll help anyone else starting out.

Wideband VE Tuning:

Engine - Airflow - Dynamic - Dynamic Airflow : High RPM Disable --> 8000rpm
Engine - Airflow - Dynamic - Dynamic Airflow : High RPM Re-enable --> 7900rpm
Engine - Fuel - Oxygen Sensors - Closed Loop Enable : ECT vs Startup ECT --> 284 (whole table)
Engine - Fuel - Oxygen Sensors - Long Term Fuel Trims : Min ECT --> 284
Engine - Fuel - Oxygen Sensors - Monitoring : O2 Readiness ECT --> 284 (whole table)
Engine - Fuel - Open Loop/Base --> All tables to 1
Engine - Fuel - Power Enrich - Power Enrichment : EQ Ratio --> table to 1.176 for NA applications (12.5 afr)
Engine - Fuel - Temperature Control - Catalyst Protection : COT --> disable
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cutoff : Enable ECT --> 284
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cutoff : Disable ECT --> 283
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cutoff : Enable RPM -->8000
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cutoff : Disable RPM -->8000
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Clutch Fuel Cutoff (CFCO) : Enable VSS -->300
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Clutch Fuel Cutoff (CFCO) : Enable RPM -->8000
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Clutch Fuel Cutoff (CFCO) : Enable ECT --> 284
Engine - Spark - Advance : Copy High Octane to Low Octane

Engine Diag - P0101 --> MIL on first Error
Engine Diag - P0102 --> MIL on first Error
Engine Diag - P0103 --> MIL on first Error
Engine Diag - MAF Frequency Fail High --> 1hz
Engine Diag - MAF Frequency Fail Low --> 0hz

Wideband MAF Tuning:

Engine - Airflow - Dynamic - Dynamic Airflow : High RPM Disable --> 100rpm
Engine - Airflow - Dynamic - Dynamic Airflow : High RPM Re-enable --> 0rpm
Engine - Fuel - Oxygen Sensors - Closed Loop Enable : ECT vs Startup ECT --> 284 (whole table)
Engine - Fuel - Oxygen Sensors - Long Term Fuel Trims : Min ECT --> 284
Engine - Fuel - Oxygen Sensors - Monitoring : O2 Readiness ECT --> 284 (whole table)
Engine - Fuel - Open Loop/Base --> All tables to 1
Engine - Fuel - Power Enrich - Power Enrichment : EQ Ratio --> table to 1.176 for NA applications (12.5 afr)
Engine - Fuel - Temperature Control - Catalyst Protection : COT --> disable
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cutoff : Enable ECT --> 284
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cutoff : Disable ECT --> 283
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cutoff : Enable RPM -->8000
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Deceleration Fuel Cutoff : Disable RPM -->8000
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Clutch Fuel Cutoff (CFCO) : Enable VSS -->300
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Clutch Fuel Cutoff (CFCO) : Enable RPM -->8000
Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO - Clutch Fuel Cutoff (CFCO) : Enable ECT --> 284
Engine - Spark - Advance : Copy High Octane to Low Octane

Engine Diag - P0101 --> MIL on second Error (stock setting)
Engine Diag - P0102 --> MIL on second Error (stock setting)
Engine Diag - P0103 --> MIL on second Error (stock setting)
Engine Diag - MAF Frequency Fail High --> 13500hz (stock setting)
Engine Diag - MAF Frequency Fail Low --> 10hz (stock setting)

for closed loop STFT tuning leave these factory setting:
Engine - Fuel - Oxygen Sensors : ECT vs Startup ECT
Engine - Fuel - Oxygen Sensors : O2 Readiness ECT
Engine - Fuel - Open Loop/Base --> All tables

#119 · (Edited)
Received the LFP dual pass heat exchanger today, feels and looks nice.

i personally wouldnt buy from LFP again though. originally "bought" the afco but they called later to explain those would be quite a bit later till in-stock, their branded hx was in-stock now. theyd refund the difference ($70 according to their website) if i was ok with the change. i get a refund for $60 and they sent it via paypal goods so theres another few dollars i pay. doesnt look like im getting the refund for the other $10 either. just not really the way id expect that to be handled.

I need to figure out how to mount it, theres no tabs at all

Debating running the lfp and maggie hx in series or picking up a duspeed as well

#120 ·
Just noticed your build thread here and looks great and familiar and your going to love the torque. I purchased the Frozen hx first and decided it wasn't for me after getting almost done. I also have the LFP now and just getting through this myself along with a Duspeed install. I was planning to post up another thread - you can give me some better ideas again...

#121 ·
what didnt you like about the frozen hx? i thought it and the LFP were similar.

do you have pics of you mounted the LFP? i was thinking wrap some "straps" around it like the cobra mount does.

i really cant decide if i want to just go duspeed now or later. be easy enough to do later though after i try out the dual HX setup.

#122 ·
The frozen is taller and sticks down further than I was comfortable with. I did make some straps for the LFP, but it wasn't very straight forward, maybe partially because I have the SAP front bumper. Have photos, probably post something tonight

#124 ·
That would be simpler than what I did - I wasn't confident I could weld the brackets on without burning a hole in the end tanks. The challenge is the heat exchanger needs to lean back a few degrees to avoid digging too far into the lower grilles, and the bottom of the crossbar isn't horizontal.

#126 ·
Picture worth a thousand, unfortunately I was too busy working on the IAT to finish installing this so here's a sketch. Purple bracket attaches to the existing bracket that holds the steering line cooler and this keeps it tilted back. I don't really like this part but its good enough. This makes a fairly narrow set of brackets on the cooler. Drilling some holes in the bottom of the crash bar helps to widen out the mounting if you use the studs as locators, or optionally put some 6mm threads on them (not quite enough meat there for 1/4'), but then need to make an access hole in front of crash bar if using the m6 idea.

#127 ·
Need to trim the dash panel tonight now.

Didnt realize the mavman (speedhut) were such a snug fit. I had to thread them in pretty much using the threads on the back of the gauge. No way they were just going to drop in there without trimming the pod or threads off. Dont have to worry about them falling out at least

#138 ·
If I may be so bold, what did that set you back? And I assume it is adjusted so that it makes accommodations for the Maggie intercooler? Does it fit to the bumper support crossmember well? My non-Maggie version never really fit all that well to the bumper crossmember. Do you know if it uses the same air filter as the non-Maggie version?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.