LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"Modless Joe"
Joined
·
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...coming home last night on the US60 west bound. Came up over a hill, and started to slow down into a construction zone when I noticed two vehicles pulled over to the side in the breakdown lane, a white Tacoma and a red GTO with extremely dark window tint...

...Only the GTO taillights were flashing funny and whaddya know there's blue and red flashing LEDs in the windshield. I looked over at my girlfriend and I think she read my mind because she said, "yeah, that was a GTO..."

...don't know if anybody else has seen this car, but looks like AZDPS is packing a very stealthy speed trapper. :eek:
 

·
**** it, Run it!
Joined
·
206 Posts
My buddy got pulled over by a CHP GTO whiled driving from Lake Tahoe to San Diego. He said it was a black 04 GTO with lights in the windshield. It was pretty funny because he said he was cruising and saw a GTO coming towards him and he checked it out as it went by, then it turned around and puled him over, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
why do cops have to be so sneaky why cant they just stick to the white crown vic's that everone knows and can pick out over a mile away
 

·
The Situation
Joined
·
3,358 Posts
I wouldn't put it past the cops to have undercover GTO's. I have seen many NHP unmarked cars ranging from Durangos to 05 Mustang GT's. The GT's try to instigate races, then pull you over. Thats more popular with the metro PD though.
 

·
"Power Abuser"
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
DVS said:
...coming home last night on the US60 west bound. Came up over a hill, and started to slow down into a construction zone when I noticed two vehicles pulled over to the side in the breakdown lane, a white Tacoma and a red GTO with extremely dark window tint...

...Only the GTO taillights were flashing funny and whaddya know there's blue and red flashing LEDs in the windshield. I looked over at my girlfriend and I think she read my mind because she said, "yeah, that was a GTO..."

...don't know if anybody else has seen this car, but looks like AZDPS is packing a very stealthy speed trapper. :eek:
I'll be watching for that one. I drive US 60 between Greenfield and Ironwood on a nightly basis. Not to mention in the mornings.

I just realized something. I won't get any races on 60 now. I drive a red 06 with legal tint.
 

·
More Boost = More Fun!
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Is there nothing sacred.? First the stealth Chargers, now I have to watch out for a stealth Goat. Guess I won't be running down any red GTO's to say hi.
 

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
Joined
·
8,787 Posts
wow , guess im gonna have to be carefull and warn some friends
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Wow! I had no idea that any PDs were using GTOs. Scary, yet at the same time I might not be so pissed if one pulled me over (now THAT would be a photo op!:D)...

On a related note, I have seen CHP Volvos in the San Diego area (I-5 south of Del Mar), and the Oceanside Police now have four Dodge Charger R/Ts in service (I've seen one so far). Keep your eyes peeled folks!
 

·
Oxford White Sheep Squadron
Joined
·
11,345 Posts
Nightclaw said:
On a related note, I have seen CHP Volvos in the San Diego areaQUOTE]


Yeah the CHP volvos are based out of the border checkpoint on the 15 near temecula, they also have CHP suburbans there and EVERYONE knows about the CHP Camaros that kick it by the Cajon Pass lol.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
wow. Ill keep a look out for that. I drive a few hundred miles for work a day (in yuma az for the second time in a month) and I've never seen a GTO cop. lol. I dont even see the camaros anymore. Reminds me of the video intro for need for speed hot persuit 2 when the lambo and fararri are smoking all the cops, so they send out the lambo cop hehe.
 

·
Ready Steady GO
Joined
·
105 Posts
holy hell...it must have been tight to see it but scary to be thinking that someone can be caught with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
dbzguy said:
Nightclaw said:
On a related note, I have seen CHP Volvos in the San Diego areaQUOTE]


Yeah the CHP volvos are based out of the border checkpoint on the 15 near temecula, they also have CHP suburbans there and EVERYONE knows about the CHP Camaros that kick it by the Cajon Pass lol.
Good info on where the Volvos roost at night. I'm always *real* careful coming south past that checkpoint - they've got that looooong offramp to pick speeders off from...:eek:

Other police vehicles that are common in San Diego county to be aware of:

Numerous F*rd Expeditions, usually SD or Vista Sherriff and Border Patrol
Border Patrol has several Jeep Wranglers (fear their radios more than the Jeep itself)
Escondido PD has at least two B4C Camaros on duty (saw 'em both in one day)
Oceanside PD has some Malibus and Impalas, usually all white w/ grille and dash light bars only (I got popped by a Malibu once - a few years ago though)
San Diego PD has a metric ass-load of Harley Davidson traffic bikes (very hard to ID as a police bike at >1 city block)
Several all-white CHP Crown Vics w/ no bull-bar and low-profile light bars (usually going after truckers)

Dang Po-Po's are gettin' awful sneaky these days... ;)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top