LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was leaving work and one of the guys from overhaul who rides a rice rocket left at the same time. We were sitting at a light northbound on Winneka, he in the left lane and me in the center and he looks over and nods. I glance around for traffic and nod back. I slip the A4 into first and kill the T/C noticing a female civilian had just pulled up to the light on my right. I commented to my friend that I'm gonna scare the crap out of her when we launch.

The light goes green and I unleash hell. I break traction and spin for about half a sec and the goat grabs and launches. The front end points skyward as I take the revs to 6k and slip the A4 into second. The goat screams louder and I look up to see where my friend is at... two car lengths behind me on the left and just starting to close the gap. I hit 6k in second and shift into third as he finally catches and passes me.

We pull up to the next light and he raises his visor grinng from ear to ear. Says I scared the s*** out of him. He didn't expect me to launch hard and he was shocked... hence the slow reaction time. He wanted to go again but I nixed it... too much traffic and too many cops on Devonshire.

The goat is awesome! :hail:

·
Registered
347 Posts
the lion pounces

ahhh and as the lion sits in wait the gazell inocently frolicks ... and then a moment passes ..... and the lion springs to life and before the gazell has a chance to stop prancing its all over.

Heehehehe got to love unleashing the beast and leaving smoke, noise,and mahem in your wake. Then you have that moment after the storm where its piecfull quiet and tranquil like the world just stoped turning and composure is regained as the GTO returns to naping like a lion in wait. :cool:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
White Rider said:
Just wanna know what was this "rice rocket"? didnt sound like no rocket to me.

Sounds like he meant the "rice rocket" watched him launch and then took off. Most riders are terrible at launching anyways and add that to spectating the race for the first second or so and you could get a decent jump. Most "rice rockets" 600cc and above run mid 10's in the 1/4mile and go 0-60 in under 3 seconds(with proper launch).

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Hey the way you shifted that thing, that's a good way to defeat that dam
PCM torque mgmt on the A4's. This will defeat it right?
Yes it will defeat it. :secret:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
redgtosamurai said:
I was leaving work and one of the guys from overhaul who rides a rice rocket left at the same time. We were sitting at a light northbound on Winneka, he in the left lane and me in the center and he looks over and nods. I glance around for traffic and nod back. I slip the A4 into first and kill the T/C noticing a female civilian had just pulled up to the light on my right. I commented to my friend that I'm gonna scare the crap out of her when we launch.

The light goes green and I unleash hell. I break traction and spin for about half a sec and the goat grabs and launches. The front end points skyward as I take the revs to 6k and slip the A4 into second. The goat screams louder and I look up to see where my friend is at... two car lengths behind me on the left and just starting to close the gap. I hit 6k in second and shift into third as he finally catches and passes me.

We pull up to the next light and he raises his visor grinng from ear to ear. Says I scared the s*** out of him. He didn't expect me to launch hard and he was shocked... hence the slow reaction time. He wanted to go again but I nixed it... too much traffic and too many cops on Devonshire.

The goat is awesome! :hail:
you forgot something.........

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
I don't think he was minding his own bizzznuss! LOLOL!
exactly.... :p

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TprGTO said:
Good question.
Nope, it doesn't. The advantage is not having to let the tranny short shift you in drive. :)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Sounds like he meant the "rice rocket" watched him launch and then took off. Most riders are terrible at launching anyways and add that to spectating the race for the first second or so and you could get a decent jump. Most "rice rockets" 600cc and above run mid 10's in the 1/4mile and go 0-60 in under 3 seconds(with proper launch).
Even a Ninja 250 will do 0-60 quicker than our car...Just barely though :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look, I have an old 98 ZX-9R Kawasaki and I bought a manual 6 speed GTO for my daughter and it is quick, but it wouldn't even be a contest. We are talking about a bike that does 0-60 in a little over 3 seconds and a 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds. Come on, who are you kidding. Even the Japanese 600s do a 0-60 under 4 seconds and 1/4 miles under 11 seconds. Maybe the guy wasn't a rider.

Think about it, the newer big bikes (1000 cc) weigh about 400 pounds with a 200 pound rider (and I weigh less than 160) it is 600 pounds and they put out 150 HP at the rear wheel. It isn't a contest with a car any street car.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
montelatici said:
Look, I have an old 98 ZX-9R Kawasaki and I bought a manual 6 speed GTO for my daughter and it is quick, but it wouldn't even be a contest. We are talking about a bike that does 0-60 in a little over 3 seconds and a 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds. Come on, who are you kidding. Even the Japanese 600s do a 0-60 under 4 seconds and 1/4 miles under 11 seconds. Maybe the guy wasn't a rider.

Think about it, the newer big bikes (1000 cc) weigh about 400 pounds with a 200 pound rider (and I weigh less than 160) it is 600 pounds and they put out 150 HP at the rear wheel. It isn't a contest with a car any street car.
Trust me... I wasn't expecting take him off the line. He told me I shocked him with the launch. He just wasn't expecting a hard launch that the goat will dish out. No way would I expect to beat any bike of that nature. I thought it was funny catching him with his pants down! :hail:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts