LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chief CAD monkey
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can take a transmission to to get shipped in the Flint/Pontiac area? Since I not a business, I'm getting quotes in the $500 range which is more than I'm selling the thing for. ('86 T/A T5, don't get excited)

·
Will design cars for food
1,540 Posts
I built a box out of 2x4s and plywood and shipped two different trannys from the UPS Store. One was a T5 and the other was an M20. I don't know how good you are with a skil saw and a screw gun but it's not that difficult. On the inside, I put some bracing and strapped the tranny down with a bunch of big zip ties. UPS charged around $100 to ship from here to Miami for one of them. The other went to Idaho or someplace like that and was a little cheaper.

·
Chief CAD monkey
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scooter70, I can build a box no problem. I didn't know the UPS store handled packages one person couldn't pick up. Headers were the biggest I ever shipped through them. I'll call them Monday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.