LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Both map pockets were hanging off on the outer side when I got this car. I finally decided to address this which also meant dealing with the one time use clip issue.

Ran across this thread and figured this was the way to do this: My fix for broken seat back clips

I didn't do it exactly like he did but it worked and they will come off without breaking should I ever need to remove them again. The local advautoreillys around here didn't have the exact same ones listed in that thread but the ones I found still worked:
Doorman
961-361D
961-315D

I repeat myself some in the video because it wasn't all recorded at the same time but it should be a pretty comprehensive guide:

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
finally got around to fix mine today. Thanks for the video!

my map pocket clip holders were cracking apart. piled on some JB weld and hopefully it will hold

·
Worthless reject member
48,501 Posts
interesting solution.

are the stock clips NLA? i know i still have a handful of spares left, but it would suck if i ran out one day.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
interesting solution.

are the stock clips NLA? i know i still have a handful of spares left, but it would suck if i ran out one day.
GTOG8TA has them but this is a removable solution without breaking/replacing clips. In my case i couldnt get the stock ones to hold enough without popping out for whatever reason. Probably cause the clip holders were cracking apart

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It works pretty good, mine is still holding strong. I haven't taken them back off since, so I don't know how many times you can reuse them.

·
Chief CAD monkey
760 Posts
I have an STL file if anyone wants to 3D print replacement clips.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I have an STL file if anyone wants to 3D print replacement clips.
I'll have to remember this, I'm about to dig into the 3d printing world. looking at ordering an ender 3 max

·
powerplantmech
239 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts