LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Neverending GTO Project Mgr
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done a search yet, but I don't think this is widespread.. just today I noticed my "beeep...beeeep..beeep" indicator wasn't beeping. The one notifying you that your seatbelt isn't latched. I have no clue when the last time I heard it actually, it's been about a week I think. Nothing has changed on the car... seatbelt still works if you slam on the brakes..

So yeah, I don't mind it not beeping anymore, but I really have to wonder.
:drink:

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
Only two tangential observations.

1. I had a bunch of crap selected 'on' in the DIC when I first bought the car, speed sensitive volume, rest reminder, that junk. After a few weeks the would just beep every once in a while. I turned all that stuff off and it hasn't been a problem since. Different system than the seat belt I know...

2. The other one I have noticed is the O/Speed indicator, also center window of DIC, but routed through the BCM. On day one of a multi-day trip the O/Speed indicator will flash most of the day. By day three when I trip the O/Speed the indicator just comes on and stays on all day rather than flashing at me all day.

What I am getting around to saying is I wouldn't be to worried. I would disconnect the battery ground for ten minutes or so to reset everything to see if that makes it go away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts