LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching thru 120 or so threads using 'seat cover' search, both relevant & recent, needed to start a new thread. (btw - what's w/all the 'snuggle up w/pet rat' threads?)
We have the typical seat seam issues on our two 04s, one w/black int & one Cosmos Purple. Found a new set of seats from low mileage wrecked 06 that didn't end up going into a 69 Camaro along with its LS2, for the wife's car, will never find used purple interior. Before I install her replacemnt seats, after far too long, I want to get seat covers. Will get them for mine 1st & if I like them, will get a set for her Yellow Jacket.
Money is an object, so no leather ones, no matter how nice they are. And we paid $750 to have both our back seats repaired, so repair is out as well. Would just get new leather ones instead, and not doing that as I said.
Saw a thread for Wet Okoles, but then the guy sold them months later, and dropped off the forum back in 2013. Not sure I want neoprene, have never had those before. Had sheepskins on both our Fieros in a previous decade, but these are B I G seats & need to make sure the cover will fit.
So - thoughts / comments / experiences? Appreciate your collective wisdom - and hope to hear Good News! from (not) the professor

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
The okoles are very nice. Tons of people use them on the tacoma forum. Although they are a bit hotter "they dont flow air as much" and they lost some of the seat bolstering because they are a little thick imo

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and - at least can still get them
Will have to look into getting them, After I get another key for the wife's car.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I ordered a set just over a month ago, waiting on shipping info. :) I have a set in my Tacoma and love them!

·
Premium Member
2006 GTO IBM 6 Speed
528 Posts
I had Wet Oakley in my Tacoma. They lasted 7 years before I finally wore a hole through the 1st layer on the bolster. I'd say way worth the money.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey I Like the blue flowers!
(tho will not be buying those I don't think - maybe if they come in purple?)

Surprised no one has mentioned any other options yet

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
hey I Like the blue flowers!
(tho will not be buying those I don't think - maybe if they come in purple?)

Surprised no one has mentioned any other options yet
I think theres some that are more of a "khaki/tactical" style. Brand is slipping my mind

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a cousin w/a Blue 04 (not sure of his user name) got some neoprene ones from Covercraft Said the backs fit well, but the seat bottoms move around over time Overall think he thought they were OK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts