LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Puppy Power!!
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my GTO for a week now and second gear feels like it is a bit shallow. It feels like the shifter isn't always going the full throw and I've ended up a couple of times with a grind going into 2nd.

I've also noticed that it sometimes will popout or not really want to go into 1st.

Is this just a symptom from the mushy shifter? Or is this something I need to have the dealer adjust.

This is by far not my 1st manual and not my 1st 6 speed either.

Bob
www.bobthephotoguy.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
BobthePhotoGuy said:
I have had my GTO for a week now and second gear feels like it is a bit shallow. It feels like the shifter isn't always going the full throw and I've ended up a couple of times with a grind going into 2nd.

I've also noticed that it sometimes will popout or not really want to go into 1st.

Is this just a symptom from the mushy shifter? Or is this something I need to have the dealer adjust.

This is by far not my 1st manual and not my 1st 6 speed either.

Bob
www.bobthephotoguy.com
There are a few post about the bolts on the pressure plate being under torqued. Just do a search. Also, your car may not be one of the series that were under torgued, its just a guess based on your having problems with your shifter.

I have a difficult time getting the m6 into reverse. I have to go into a difficult to enter 1st gear and then shift into reverse. I just purchased a shifter kit that should eleveate my problems, but I have to wait for it to get here from OZ.

I hope this helps you.

·
no goat
367 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me when I got my car, going for second let clutch out, hear grinding, put clutch in pull over and change shorts....woops. The only time I did it was when I was half a**ing the shift and not really paying attention. Its fairly easy to engage the synchro and not quite get the gear. Just pay attention and get it all the way in gear....on a side note all of my gears feel a lot easier to get now that I am getting some miles on the car. As far as jumping out of gear I have not had that, might be something to let the dealer look at. Search for "Manual transmission TSB" for the threads on the clutch problems, and what symptoms to look for.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
join the club my friend.... we have all had it happen and its normal, its just the result of a long throw and a "special" transmission. by special i mean sometimes a pain in the ass, but when you need her, she knocks your a** into the seat and flies past your opponent, and thats only first, hit second, and away you go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts