LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
41,612 Posts
flares are starting to grow on me. besides a minitub, how are you going to fit wider tires under these cars?

problem is chopping up the quarter. makes me cringe.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
783 Posts
I'd like some IMSA-style flares like they had on the 70s Vettes. At least they'd blend into the body better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When they arrive if I don't like them i wont put them on. The reason i may try them is because one of the previous owners did a horrible fender rolling job and messed the quarters real bad beyond fixing and i don't want to hang quarters on the car.

·
Is that FWD?
1,139 Posts
Jam a 315 or wider tire under those flares, then repost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Btw my gto's body is beat up. Lots of scratches and such. Clear coat is coming off in some spots. Plus the freaking terrible rolling job someone did. I will try and post pics so you guys can cry. U keep it clean and it is more of a mexico racing car if you know what i mean. I traded straight up for a 78 malibu to get it. The car is a 20 footer

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Double sided tape for eyeball measurement, measure on each side to match. Outline the fitment (the border of the fender) with tape and then measure the holes for drilling. Drill holes. Clean up holes and primer and paint holes to prevent rust. Rivet them or run machine screw with washer.

I had thought about doing this to run wider tires for autocross, but I haven't gotten to the point of my decisions yet. Other more stock looking options come at the cost of price. To each their own. Some things grow on people. Especially if done right. As long as the rest of the car compliments certain mods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts