LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed several auctions on ebay where advanced order program buyers are selling there place in line to buy our cars. Anybody on this site doing that? Anybody want to comment?
 

·
Yes, it has a car seat
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
sGTO-6453 said:
I have noticed several auctions on ebay where advanced order program buyers are selling there place in line to buy our cars. Anybody on this site doing that? Anybody want to comment?
I think most of us are 1) too rabid to give up our cars and 2) don't really believe that the auctions that are going for more than a grand or so are real.
 

·
Goatman
Joined
·
228 Posts
No way in @#$% would I sell mine.
Especially after already waiting 5 months.

I haven't seen any private auctions; only dealer ones.
 

·
"PINKY'S UP"
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
Nope, I wouldn't sell mine for anything. I've been waiting too long to be giving it up on ebay, anyway those are basically winning bids on a down payment. (on some of the auctions, not all).
 

·
LS1GTO Traitor
Joined
·
442 Posts
I think all the ebay crap is exactly that, CRAP. A few dealers trying to capitalize. If someone really wanted to give me, say $5 grand, I'd wait......but that's just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
I've been after this car since the rumors started floating around. My family and friends want me to shut up about it, already. Why would I sell my rights to it to some dork on e-bay!! I'd have nightmares about some poindexter flipping me off as he blew by me in my Phantom Black Goat!!:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
britus56 said:
I've been after this car since the rumors started floating around. My family and friends want me to shut up about it, already. Why would I sell my rights to it to some dork on e-bay!! I'd have nightmares about some poindexter flipping me off as he blew by me in my Phantom Black Goat!!:eek:
LOL my price is more toward the $10,000 over MSRP.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
 

·
Silver Back!
Joined
·
277 Posts
I dont think I could give mine up. Plus, I think my wife would kill me if I did. I think she is starting to get tired of me talking about the car. Oh well, I listen to her crap...she can listen to mine! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
MILLPOND said:
I dont think I could give mine up. Plus, I think my wife would kill me if I did. I think she is starting to get tired of me talking about the car.
My wife is looking for a Significant Other's of Future GTO Owner's supprt group site. Maybe DY should start one!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
 

·
"PINKY'S UP"
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
Tails said:
My wife is looking for a Significant Other's of Future GTO Owner's supprt group site. Maybe DY should start one!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
My husband is looking for the same thing. If DY starts a support group,, count my husband in. He says I have a shrine around my computer and burn incense because of this GTO. He is tired of me talking about it.
So Tails, maybe your wife and my husband can get together and drive each other crazy with their sh#*!
 

·
Yes, it has a car seat
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
LIL'GTO said:
My husband is looking for the same thing. If DY starts a support group,, count my husband in. He says I have a shrine around my computer and burn incense because of this GTO. He is tired of me talking about it.
So Tails, maybe your wife and my husband can get together and drive each other crazy with their sh#*!
Add my fiance to that group...
 

·
Master of Youngrushhour
Joined
·
4,318 Posts
Add my wife also - she says I spend more time worrying about this car then I did the birth of my son!

But she misses the point - my son can only run the 1/4 imile n a minute 30 not 13.8 sec like my new baby.

Based on that alone I am starting to think I am not spending enough time on this site!

It is time to join Tails at the bar - I can't take the waiting any longer - I need my car now - do you hear me Pontiac - NOW Damit!!!

Okay I feel better now the prozac is kicking in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
Add my fiance to that group...
Speaking as the fiance of Rschumi, I think a Significant Other's of Future GTO Owner's support group site would be a wonderful thing. Mainly so we all have an excuse to :drink: and not hear about the newest and latest stats and figures on the blasted car.;)

Jenn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just checked ebay and the right to buy bid for a Phantom black w/red interior is up to $8100.00! Unbelivable! I guess I ordered the right color! I hope my dealer doesn't here about this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I have a Barbados Blue Auto on order since June. Placed a $500 deposit with a dealer in the Los Angeles area. They will be selling it at MSRP. Check my "sig" for status.

I was planning to replace my Tahoe with the GTO but the Tahoe died before the GTO arrived. Wound up purchasing a Caddy CTS (unfortunately it is not the 400hp V).

So the bottom line. I have a GTO due for delivery in a few weeks in the Los Angeles area. I can cancel the order with the dealer but it would make more sense to offer it to someone who really wants it.

If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected]

I would prefer to make this offer to someone who can pick it up in person from the Los Angeles, California area.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top