LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you interested in selling your OEM wheels?

I am still considering having mine chromed (possibly with a darker powder coat tint like dms suggested), but I do not want to have my car on blocks for 3-4 weeks while I wait for the wheels to come back.

Apparently, vendors who chrome wheels may consider buying a few sets of OEMs that they could trade out with customers who decide to have theirs done.

I guess this is common for people who decide to have OEM wheels chromed...the vendor may already have some OEM wheels on hand that he trades out with new customers.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
My wheels and tires will be here in about 3 weeks and when they show up I will be selling my OEM set.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I considered selling my OEM set, then considered putting them onto my '95 Grand Am (if they will fit), but finally decided to put drag radials on two of them. I'll keep the other two "for emergency use only".

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
FLORIT said:
I considered selling my OEM set, then considered putting them onto my '95 Grand Am (if they will fit), but finally decided to put drag radials on two of them. I'll keep the other two "for emergency use only".
I don't think they will fit on your Grand Am with that European 5x120mm bolt circle and odd offset but you never know I guess.

What size drag radial can you fit on the stock 8" wheel?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
1COOLPC said:
What size drag radial can you fit on the stock 8" wheel?
I bought a pair of Nitto 555R 245/45/17 drag radials, same size as the stock tire.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone know of a good company that does wheel chroming?I would like to have my oem wheels chromed when my GTO does finallt get here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in the market for a set of OEM wheels, if anyone wants to sell theirs - I'm planning on mounting a set of Blizzaks on them for next winter. BTW, I got on it around a corner in the rain yesterday, and the rear end come around like a 911 .....fortunately the traction control saved my sorry ass !! It really does work !!!

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Part Number

speed_demon_freak said:
Someone see if there is a part number on the wheels.
Believe I saw one in the part numbers 'sticky'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts