LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Walk Soft & Carry Big Stick!
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see that there is a Test & Tune / Open Track Day scheduled for 10am to 4pm tomorrow, Sunday the 10th of September, at Mid-Michigan Motorplex near Stanton, Mi. Anybody here interested in goin'? I haven't got anything new to test, but I damn sure could use the practice! Looks like we may have some pretty good weather, too! (Cool Temps!)

Here's a link to their website: http://www.midmichmotorplex.com/events.html

I'm plannin' to go, what could be better than a Sunday afternoon of fast cars and burnin' rubber?

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Smitty said:
I see that there is a Test & Tune / Open Track Day scheduled for 10am to 4pm tomorrow, Saturday the 10th of September, at Mid-Michigan Motorplex near Stanton, Mi. Anybody here interested in goin'? I haven't got anything new to test, but I damn sure could use the practice! Looks like we may have some pretty good weather, too! (Cool Temps!)

Here's a link to their website: http://www.midmichmotorplex.com/events.html

I'm plannin' to go, what could be better than a Sunday afternoon of fast cars and burnin' rubber?
well, Nate and i were going to go and not tell you but seeing as you're already going... wanna come along? :) only tomorrow's Sunday not Saturday. we're trying to get Rolf to go too

·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I corrected the Sat / Sun thing. That's what I get for workin' 3RD shift. Who's ROLF? Guess I'll see you guys up there...

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
Maybe bclarke will see this and take Todd's place for being the fast one... ;) Oh wait Keith already did that...lol! Jerry you want to meet up and do a lil caravan?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sounds like fun...unfortunately, I'm on graveyard shift this week so I will be sleeping. Have a great time, and hopefully you'll miss the rain.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If I would have known or noticed the thread in time , I would have bought a helmet and joined you guys instead of blowing money at the craft show....Oh well--got an early start on Xmas

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
I just borrowed Keith and Sean's helmet... :)

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
bluGTO said:
No...you borrowed Jerry and Sean's helmets; you couldn't get your head in mine:eek:
Oh ya..haha. I forget easily. I must be getting old.. ;)

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i had to put out spike strips to get you to stop and give me my helmet back :)

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
hey man I was on a roll...what can I say! They get touchy about helmets when you run low 13's...who woulda thunk it. :)

·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just glad I finally ran fast enough to require a helmet. It was a fun day. I think all four of us set new personal best times. I'm still the dog of the bunch though with a 13.51 @107.01. Still fun......

·
Registered
589 Posts
Fess up !

So what kind of times did you guys run ? Smitty ; are you the guy who pulled into the bowling alley at 28th and division during the Metro Cruise ? Howdy !:gears: :burnout:

·
Registered
589 Posts
What are the necessary specs on the helmet ; where ? How much ?

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
Rolf, that was bclarke. I ran a 13.2...anything under 14.00 and you need a helmet.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
SPDMETL said:
What are the necessary specs on the helmet ; where ? How much ?
i got a 12.803 whoopee! bettered my old time of 12.874 and got into the 12.8s 3 times.

you need at least a "Snell 95" rating helmet but i'd get a "Snell 2000" so you're set for a while. i got mine a Shamut Hills Yamaha. just don't do what keith did :) and just get a helmet without asking. tell the guy you're looking for a Snell 2000 rated one and they'll hook you up. i think i paid about $70 for mine. it makes me look like i was in the Spaceballs movie but it works for me. Sean road races his so he made sure he could turn his head without hitting the roof. they'll let you "test drive" one

·
Registered
589 Posts
Both you guys sound like you did pretty well ; next time count me in as long as it's not during our vacation . Barfolemew I presume ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry I missed out, have not done any racing this year at all. I am afraid the clutch will go to pieces with the Mickeys on.

I was out of town this weekend anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts