LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2005 GTO (bought new in 2005) and it desperately needs inner tie rods. I have read all the related threads on this topic and everybody seems to recommend Kollar for the replacements. The problem is that Kollar does not ship to Puerto Rico, even through freight forwarders. No way in hell they would deal with a puerto rican located in Puerto Rico. Really frustrating but it is his business. If you could please point me to a supplier that can sell me the inner tie rods I will appreciate it. It is a nightmare to find these inner tie rods. I am about to buy the remanufactured steering rack from Cardone through Rockauto. I have not taken the inner tie rods out but I am pretty sure there has to be other inner tie rods out there, from Camaro, Corvette, or any other car, that will fit. Maybe even a good Machine Shop can work something out. Any help will be appreciated. Also, the tap for cleaning the threads should be a 14 x 1.5 or 14 x 1.25? Thank you so much. I love my GTO but finding parts, especially light assemblies and other interior parts is so difficult.

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,634 Posts
The inner tie rod is unique to the application. I have explained to you how it has to be done. If Rock Auto has a rebuilt rack and is will to ship to PR this is a viable option.

Kollar Racing ships to 49 States Street Address. Only No PO Boxes NO UPS OFFICE No Freight forwarders. We do not ship to Hawaii. We do not ship to or accept payment originating in Canada or any foreign country , APO or US territory. Why?

Once upon a time, I shipped products anywhere in the world. I have sent parts to a Latitude/Longitude address in a Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately delivery issues, customs documentation, customs issues lost product, credit card fraud and PayPal fraud, taxes and last but not least duties and tariffs. Export is a financial liability.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you bo06gto! I'll take them out and lookout at auto parts to try and find ones very similar or luckily an exact fit. From there I will see if the machining needs to be done to the tie rod or to the thread in the rack (or both). There are hundreds, if not thousands of inner tie rods out there and I'm pretty sure there is a solution. I will keep the forum informed on this since we GTO owners out of the states need some real alternatives to deal with this issue.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You can always check Australian eBay. Sometimes you can find sellers on there that will ship internationally and I'd assume that Monaro tie rods are the same as the GTO.

Also talking trash of a well regarded vendor isn't really going to do you a whole lot of good. If he says he doesn't ship outside of the continental US then calling him out on it on the forum isn't going to magically get you the parts from him.

·
Seriously?
2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1, 6 speed, Quicksilver/Black
2,439 Posts
You can always check Australian eBay. Sometimes you can find sellers on there that will ship internationally and I'd assume that Monaro tie rods are the same as the GTO.

Also talking trash of a well regarded vendor isn't really going to do you a whole lot of good. If he says he doesn't ship outside of the continental US then calling him out on it on the forum isn't going to magically get you the parts from him.
I’m not so sure he trash talked Duckman but more so pointed out that he couldn’t get them from Kollar because Andy doesn’t ship outside of 49 states. The typical forum reply, and rightfully so, is talk to Andy or look up Kollar and he will set you up. Since that won’t work here, another solution needs to be found. Maybe I am wrong here, but I don’t see where the OP was trashing Andy. Most of us know how Andy operates and will buy from him again and again, myself included.

@Troyzucco, check your messages. I sent you a couple of links to check out and see if they will ship to PR.

·
Worthless reject member
55,257 Posts

you know what i do when a business in australia says they won't ship to me?

move on and not take it personally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Your opinion on this matter is of no value to me and I could care less. However, you advice for Australian eBay vendors is noticed. That is exactly what I am looking for coming to this forum: ideas and suggestions, not lame excuses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m not so sure he trash talked Duckman but more so pointed out that he couldn’t get them from Kollar because Andy doesn’t ship outside of 49 states. The typical forum reply, and rightfully so, is talk to Andy or look up Kollar and he will set you up. Since that won’t work here, another solution needs to be found. Maybe I am wrong here, but I don’t see where the OP was trashing Andy. Most of us know how Andy operates and will buy from him again and again, myself included.

@Troyzucco, check your messages. I sent you a couple of links to check out and see if they will ship to PR.
Thank you!! Much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts