LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My Couch Now.
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here is the deal:

My father bought his brand new 2006 Torrid Red Six Speed about a week ago. For his birthday, my mom and I want to get him a navigation system. Not the kind that clips on or hangs or whatever. We want to put it either in the dash by replacing it with the stock stereo controls or put it in the dash up top right before the windshield. There seems to be a square with nothing on it that a system could fit into.

We have at most $2,000 to spend. I live in Southern California and we want to have a shop do it for us. Any help would be really appreciated. We want to know our options as far as what is possible to put into a GTO.

Thanks again.:turbonaug

·
Part of the Raider Nation
261 Posts
You would need a custom trim piece made to accept a double din unit which any shop should be able to handle. The Eclipse is a nice piece.

Since you are from SoCal send me a PM and I think I can get this for you fully installed for well under 2 grand.

·
My Couch Now.
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM sent.

Any other suggestions or pictures of already completed navigation systems in GTO's?

·
Where are the women and booze
2,089 Posts
1 vote for the Kenwood DDX-6019 + KNA G510 (made by Garmin) It is a little larger screen than most (7") and the nav is awesome. Plus, you can update the nav via the SD card slot on the unit by downloading new maps from the Garmin website.

·
It was a...
2,322 Posts
For the "over the top" award there's a Holden unit that goes in the center stack. Not sure what it costs though. I think there's also one that goes in the top of the center stack (where a lot of folks have their gage pods) but I didn't find that right off...

·
05 Torrid Red Pontiac GT0 6MT
1,096 Posts
BlueFlyingGoat said:
For the "over the top" award there's a Holden unit that goes in the center stack. Not sure what it costs though. I think there's also one that goes in the top of the center stack (where a lot of folks have their gage pods) but I didn't find that right off...
It comes with great maps of Australia! But my neighborhood is missing! :gr_jest:

(p.s. anything for where the pod goes is custom)

·
GTO FOREVER
1,434 Posts
yea, that navigation system from downunder would be so awesome. I wanted to get that done for my goat, but it's not compatible outside aussie land, and even if you get that screen, it sinks to the right (for right-hand side drivers).

i just chose to get a GPS for my treo. oh well :drink:

EDIT: Here's the link to the HSV Navigation setup & discussion of an alternative http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1319783#52

1 - 8 of 8 Posts