LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When wee tuned my car the other day, I tried to switch the rev limiter from fuel cut to ignition and it didn't work- I have the broken parts to prove it :(. What needs to be done to switch it to an ignition cut? I was on the window that also had the DFCO parameters. It had the rev limiter on the left and gave you the option of using spark, fuel or ETC- we deselected fuel and selected spark. Is there something else that needs to be done?
Joe

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Fastest GTO in NL
106 Posts
Joe,

In the "Fuel Cutoff, DFCO" tab, you must change several things:

1) Under "RPM Limits", set the desired RPM cutoff within the "P/N vs ECT" table.
2) Under "Cutoff RPM vs Gear" table, set the desired RPM cutoff.
3) Under the "Control Method", enable your desired method and disable the others (if both fuel cut and spark are enabled, I'm not sure exactly how PCM sets precedence, so just disable the fuel cut; see note below*)
4) Under "Misc", set your "Lamp RPM" to desired value if you wish (optional)

*Note: As far as I can tell, when Spark and ETC are both enabled, the "Switchover Delay" table will use spark for "x" continuous seconds (where "x" = the table value) and then revert to ETC to save the engine. In other words, if you bang off the spark limiter for "x" seconds, it will automatically go to ETC as the control method. I do not know if this would still work if ETC was disabled under "Control Method"

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. We'll have to look again to see what happened. We left everything alone and just deselcted fuel and selected spark- did not work, I have the bent pushrods to prove it :(.

The way your info looks, it seems as if that should have worked, no? Also, the Lamp RPM- what is that? Mine is has a value there, but if it is the light on the dash, it has never come on. Thanks again.
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts