LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
New home track: Nürburgring
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have any regular get togethers in the South Bay. I know some of the Goat owners meet every Friday night, but I think that's up in Fairfield (?) which is too far for many of us. I need to meet some fellow GTO'ers, and I don't want to wait till DMS day.

Fremont, San Jose, Palo Alto even... anyone?

·
PANCAKE CITY
1,622 Posts
We've really suggested Moving our meets around but noone has :quoties: really really:quoties: stepped up to have a location. There has been suggestions but right now a Majority of our group are in a busy time for work and cars down

We do have long haulers that are regulars and like we have said before that will not be overlooked like LSXGTO from Redwood City, Blackbat from Stockton just to name a couple

I guess think of a nice place not too attractive to the :quoties: Elroys :quoties:

Then Start a whole new Thread saying Nor-cal GTO meet
yadi yadi yada city @ 8 o' clock

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
The last couple of weeks I've been running up and down to Downey for work, but this coming up Friday I'm back to normal. I'm willing to drive up to wherever everyone is meeting up. I would suggest somewhere out my way but that would be a pretty far drive for most of you. Even though it would be pretty badass to see some of the local ricers faces with 10+ goats pulling up. I see them hanging out every Friday/Saturday night here at a local burger joint.

Anyway, I know Tim has a spot in Redwood City he's been wanting us all to come over to. I'm sure he'll chime in, then we can set it up and see if it works for everyone.

·
Burnt Rubber Smells SEXY!
101 Posts
We don't have alot of Goat owners, Mostly fbody's but our group wcgmp (west coast general motors performance) We have a mixture of all types, Lot's of camaro's, a few goats, SS badged Silverado and now a Trail blazer, Cobalt, Some solstices, sky's, GTP's from the pontiac side.

We meet the first saturday of every month at the Cambrian Plaza @1:30pm.

14396 Union Ave
San Jose, Ca 95124

You should come out. Were not seriously hard core, but a very cool group of people and very welcoming.

THIS IS FOR JOE! (707GTOLS2) Where have you been bro? Everyone thought you fell off the earth. We never see you drive down anymore. I know it's far. But everyone misses ya. You should pay us a visit when you have time off. You haven't even been around to see my 06 I have now!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
CHIME! well ya i know of a couple places that we could meet up at. I went by the bowling alley last friday and it was PACKED. so that probly wouldnt work out but there are more places that would work. This Friday im debating goin up to oregon but ill know mid week if thats even going to happen.

Im also down to meet up with WCGMP, we should make a big run down there and make our mark. How many Goats are still out of order?

·
I said I was quiet...not nice
473 Posts
I was going to go see the owners of the "Burger Barn" off of Winchester and Forest (on the back side of Valley Fair Mall). They have a "classic Rods" night there on weeknights (GREAT cars!) and I've seen some local MC poker runs stop off there.
I'll see if the owners would mind if I tried to setup a meet there, their obviously friendly to groups...I'll ask this week and update with an answer.

·
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SinfulGTO said:
We don't have alot of Goat owners, Mostly fbody's but our group wcgmp (west coast general motors performance) We have a mixture of all types, Lot's of camaro's, a few goats, SS badged Silverado and now a Trail blazer, Cobalt, Some solstices, sky's, GTP's from the pontiac side.

We meet the first saturday of every month at the Cambrian Plaza @1:30pm.

14396 Union Ave
San Jose, Ca 95124

You should come out. Were not seriously hard core, but a very cool group of people and very welcoming.

THIS IS FOR JOE! (707GTOLS2) Where have you been bro? Everyone thought you fell off the earth. We never see you drive down anymore. I know it's far. But everyone misses ya. You should pay us a visit when you have time off. You haven't even been around to see my 06 I have now!
Thx for the info, will add the 4th of Nov. to my Calendar.

I was thinking of once or twice a month at Mt. Hamilton (BBQ's and cruisin) and/or some place in Palo Alto (we can hit up Skyline). I'm down to cruise up to Redwood City or out to Livermore; just don't know much about the areas.

Bump for other South Bayers and any ideas...

·
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tired Iron said:
I was going to go see the owners of the "Burger Barn" off of Winchester and Forest (on the back side of Valley Fair Mall). They have a "classic Rods" night there on weeknights (GREAT cars!) and I've seen some local MC poker runs stop off there.
I'll see if the owners would mind if I tried to setup a meet there, their obviously friendly to groups...I'll ask this week and update with an answer.
Mmmm burgers... Sounds good to me!

·
PANCAKE CITY
1,622 Posts
see there you go!!!
snowairg, Tired Iron and Tim (LSXGTO) collaborate and set somethin up!!!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
not this friday but next friday i will be able to do it. im am def going to oregon on friday morning and gona be there till sun so i am pretty busy, but the following friday.... ill keep ya posted

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in for something in the South Bay and not Friday night. Being 22 I still enjoy a little partyin' on Friday nights so going out to Fairfield is kinda out of the question. I'm down for something on a Sunday afternoon (Saturday's are out for me because of my love for Cal football).

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well the scoop down here is Thursday and Sundays. Not a lot of GTO's on thursday which is at McCarthy Ranch (Starbucks) and it's a huge mix of everything on Sunday which is in Santa Clara (El Camino & Lawrence Startbucks). Thursday is actually the Nor-Cal LS1 group but vipers, vettes and GTO show up also. Really cool group of guys. Sunday we are the oddballs but it's like a car show. Everthing is there. If people say they will show up I will go to these.

·
GoatRun Rally #6848
181 Posts
Sunday......I like that it sounds good to me. Can i get times and place were to be. Maybe some of us North Bay guys can meet, and cruz down there together to make a good Goat appearence???????

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
redscurr said:
I'm in for something in the South Bay and not Friday night. Being 22 I still enjoy a little partyin' on Friday nights so going out to Fairfield is kinda out of the question. I'm down for something on a Sunday afternoon (Saturday's are out for me because of my love for Cal football).
ahh mayne, being 22 dont mean u cant take a night off to go enjoy the GTO lifestyle.... i know cuz i aswell am 22 and ive gone out to a couple friday nights in fairfield. next week ill be able to go out to all of those meets, thurs, fri and sun.

·
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LSXGOAT said:
ahh mayne, being 22 dont mean u cant take a night off to go enjoy the GTO lifestyle.... i know cuz i aswell am 22 and ive gone out to a couple friday nights in fairfield. next week ill be able to go out to all of those meets, thurs, fri and sun.
Sweet guys. I'm 23, so maybe our meets should be at the bars Friday and Saturday nights :drink: j/k no drinking and driving.

I think it would take me ~2 hours to make it to Fairfield on a Friday night...

·
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
969Sonny said:
Well the scoop down here is Thursday and Sundays. Not a lot of GTO's on thursday which is at McCarthy Ranch (Starbucks) and it's a huge mix of everything on Sunday which is in Santa Clara (El Camino & Lawrence Startbucks). Thursday is actually the Nor-Cal LS1 group but vipers, vettes and GTO show up also. Really cool group of guys. Sunday we are the oddballs but it's like a car show. Everthing is there. If people say they will show up I will go to these.
Hey Sonny hook us up with times. I actually can't make this Thursday or Sunday, but I'm down for next Thursday for starters. McCarthy Ranch is just a few miles from my house.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thursdays are usually 7-8 meetup then usually a short cruise to eat. Sunday starts about 8 pretty small crowd but best time to get a good spot and crowds usually roll in about 9ish. Chime in and I will see what my schedule looks like. It may only be Sunday for me this week.

·
473 Posts
I'm going to try to make this Sunday's 8 o clock Starbuck's meet...Hope to see some of you there!

·
473 Posts
Well, I went to the Sunday Night Starbucks meet (El Camino and Lawrance, same little strip mall as a Denny's, Albertson's, and OSH). Arrived at about 8, hung out till just after 9. Nice group, mostly younger crowd, friendly but no domestics but myself showed while I was there. Most didn't know what a GTO was by sight, but once I told them what it was there was polite interest in the LS2 (one wanted to shoe-horn one into his 240Z....).
I'd say better than half the cars there were German, lots of GTI's, a few older Corrado's. There seemed to be pairs of just about everything else (S2000's, MR2's, WRX's, etc).

I received a bit of an education on many of the cars, heard a fair ammount of BS. Everyone seems to want to race SRT-4's (but none were present). I'll probably go back occasionally, but don't really see it becoming a regular stop every week.

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
Tired Iron said:
Well, I went to the Sunday Night Starbucks meet (El Camino and Lawrance, same little strip mall as a Denny's, Albertson's, and OSH). Arrived at about 8, hung out till just after 9. Nice group, mostly younger crowd, friendly but no domestics but myself showed while I was there. Most didn't know what a GTO was by sight, but once I told them what it was there was polite interest in the LS2 (one wanted to shoe-horn one into his 240Z....).
I'd say better than half the cars there were German, lots of GTI's, a few older Corrado's. There seemed to be pairs of just about everything else (S2000's, MR2's, WRX's, etc).

I received a bit of an education on many of the cars, heard a fair ammount of BS. Everyone seems to want to race SRT-4's (but none were present). I'll probably go back occasionally, but don't really see it becoming a regular stop every week.
+1, starbucks in sunnyvale at lawrence/el camino

I'm there often with friends a sc z28, evos, and an STi. It's a good spot but I usually dont get there til about 10PM, we usually do some freeway runs after hanging out a little bit. This is usually where I get most of my action/vids you see in the kills section.

Even though I'm there almost every sunday, I'll come early this sunday if you guys decide to show up :judge:

I could also get you guys a few (very safe) freeway runs if anyone's interested.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts