LS1GTO Forums banner

Shaved, Lamin-x, father and son cars.

1K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  bigdave22385 
#1 ·
Pics of the goat, the 8 series, and the doggie.

See less See more
#4 ·
you are right... it is...*walks outside with screw driver...* be back in ten minutes.

#6 ·
okay its fixed, and yeah hes a big boy

#7 ·
hes a great pyranees, about 130 lbs and a good 3 and 1/2 feet tall. but the sweatest animal in the world. him and my three year old niece play tag around the island in the kitchin. funniest thing to see... theyll be running one way and hell catch her and give her a little shove with his nose, then turn and run around the other direction, she will chase him catch him and give him a little pat on the butt, then hell turn around and start chasing her back the other way... endless entertainment for them both.

#8 ·
which lamin-x did you get? smoked or really dark?

#10 ·
front is smoked, any darker and the headlights dont work at night too well, the back is charcoal, which is real nice looking, and just a shade on the legal side... since you can see some red through the black, without the lights on, it isnt illegal, or so ive been told, you cacn see it fine with the brakes on, i checked... getting rearended and having it be my fault is the last thing to do on my list.

#13 ·
Looks great...did you do the fogs also?...hard to tell.:)

#14 ·
yeah i did the fogs... and jamesbiz, the police here seem to think differently, i cant say i really know waht the actual law is, but as far as enforcement goes, they only mess with you if its completelyblack around here...

#16 ·
Got any more photos from the front? I am considering getting the Lamin-x or headlight armor for the headlight and foglights.

#17 ·
Car looks very nice. Rear looks just like my Goat. I just finished de-badging the rear and have the same Lamin-X on the tails. I also did the overlay on the rear arrow head. Another thought, charcoal the side marker lights. I bought a sheet of bulk from Lamin-x and covered mine. Same effect as the rear. A tiny amount of orange is visible just like the rear, but it looks so much cleaner.

#18 ·
Thanks for the advice martian i was plannin gon doing just that...
as far as more pictures of the front this is the only other one i have right now, ill take more later though

#19 ·
Looks good. I just ordered my Lamin-X

#20 ·
somthing abought a allll black car :pimp: i love it :) my black gto was limo tinted but not the tails or fogs or the headlights we did do vilal headlights and fog lights and tails to my silver gto the brazen gto is stock :pimp: except the aed body kit,as for the ol puppy "lol thats 1 big puppy" he's flippen huge i dont think i've ever seen a gog that big kinda reminds me of the white polar bear from the coca-cola comercial as long as he's good woith the little 1 thats great:gears:

#21 ·
Did you remove your headlights, tails, and fogs to put it on. Or did u do it while they were still on the car?

#23 ·
Actually i had a tint shop do it for me for 20 bucks. I figured they would do a much better job htan me, and i was right. they did it all on the car, didnt take anything out and were done in 40 mins.

#24 ·
I figured that there was no point in spending a hundred and messing up the laminx trying to put it on or getting bublles or not having it on straight so for 20 bucks i let someone else deal with the worries.

#26 ·
Love the way that looks. Was thinking of something similar when I ran into this post. I took the pontiac off but have left the 6.0 on for now and have to paint my rear insert. I have some overlays from Grafix also. anyways...
I was looking into getting the smoke for my headlight/fog and taillights but this is what I found.

"WAC 204-72-040 - Headlight/Tailight covers. Mounting requirements, specific.Pursuant to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Standard 108, no aftermarket styling ornament or other feature, such as tinted plastic or glass covers, a grille or slotted covers shall be in front of the headlamp lens, or in front of any other lighting devices installed on motor vehicles, except for headlamp concealment devices meeting the requirements of FMVSS 112. Clear aftermarket headlamp covers are exempt from this section.

(1) Clearance, sidemarker, and identification lamps.

(a) Clearance lamps, sidemarker lamps, and combination clearance and sidemarker lamps shall be mounted as specified in FMVSS 108, except for combination clearance and sidemarker lamps on pole trailers which shall be mounted as required by RCW 46.37.090 (5)(c). On vehicles manufactured prior to May 1, 1980, clearance lamps need not be visible at the inboard angles, and clearance and sidemarker lamps need not comply with the mounting height requirements of FMVSS 108.

(b) Identification lamps shall be mounted as specified in FMVSS 108, except where the cab of a vehicle is not more than 42 inches wide at the front roof line a single identification lamp shall be deemed to comply with the requirements for front identification lamps."

source: http://www.wattora.com/index.php?page_id=55

not sure if I will do it now but it really does look great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.