LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I wanted to take the GTO off the sides but there is a hole behind it.

Looks cleaner IMO.....what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
I love the color of the car, makes me wish i'd waited another couple months.

I did the same with the rear emblems, looks nice.

As for the side emblems, leave them on for a while, I didn't want them to stay on when i first got the car, but they have grown on me. I now likve the fact that they are big and gaudy. I like to see the look on the drivers face when they realize what they are up against.

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
Looks good! I think you forgot one, though. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iamdiceman said:
how do you get them off anyhow?
After I washed the car (to soften the emblems up), I heat them up with a blow dryer. Then get dental floss and pull it across behind the emblems. Once you loosen them up they come right off. And the remaining glue just rolls up into a ball and comes off.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eee...stickers are a little harder. Heating it up first would definately help. I know that bug and tar remover helps with loosening the sticker while peeling it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

Blow dryer.

Extra special secret tip : A dryer also gets the child/airbag warning stickers off of the sun-visors...clean like.

Lol, I told the dealer if they put a dealer sticker on my car, it'd cost 'em $20 a month for advertising...:)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike-Omologato-G. said:
Blow dryer.

Extra special secret tip : A dryer also gets the child/airbag warning stickers off of the sun-visors...clean like.

Lol, I told the dealer if they put a dealer sticker on my car, it'd cost 'em $20 a month for advertising...:)
Good call on the air bag stickers.. Ive been itching to get those off.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You mean just heat the visor and peel the sticker off? Or is there anyting else to keep in mind? I'd love to do that.

Till

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
Mike-Omologato-G. said:
Blow dryer.

I had mentioned in passing that I didn't like the GM tag that they are now adding to all GM cars.:drink: I picked up the car, went over it and he said he told his detailing department to remove them when detailing the car.:patriot:

·
I hate you
368 Posts
2 days after I bought mine..I did that also.

I'd leave the arrowhead emblem on there unless you are gonna fill in the holes behind it. I found out the hard way and had to go buy some 3m emblem tape to put it back on.

·
Detailing Guru
249 Posts
I've been debating doing this, and now I'm gonna. They're a PITA to detail around (wax buildup, towels snagging) and it already has the Pontiac emblem and GTO on the valence... do we really need PONTIAC script, PONTIAC emblem, 6.0, and GTO all within two feet of eachother?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts