LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after noticing a couple of what looked like specs of dirt actually under the paint on the hood, and a couple of spots where the clear was having some issues, I decided to take her to the dealer.

After discussing with them we decided that they would repaint. Looks like its gonna be the rear driverside quarter, the hood, and the trunk. She's gonna be gone for a week. :drink: Now all I do is worry that the paint won't match.

Anyway, they gave me a weak Chevy Equinox.:barf: The darn thing downshifts almost every little hill I hit on the interstate going 80. :bs: Besides the doors being paper thin and sounding like a tin can when closing them.:cry: I don't think I can make it a week.:drink: :drink: :drink:

How long did others take to get the clear coat issues fixed?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
No clear coat finish probs noticed here, though QGM might be harder to detect. I am concerned though that every rental car anyone has been given from GM is a POS. Seems as quality as a whole is going down.
Chuch

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well got her back ahead of schedule. Actually told me they didn't want to paint because repainting is never as good as original when it comes to sealing. However, the regional GM rep is going to be in town in two weeks and they are scheduling me for a meeting with him. They are suggesting that I pursue a buyback at have them locate another one for me. Not sure I want to do that because I don't know how they work tax, title, and licensing again. I will not pay that again.

We will have to wait and see.

JR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts