LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking into changing my shift boot. Will be ordering from Redline, and have a couple of questions.

• I've got the blue interior, do you know which stitching would match the blue interior best? anyone with pics?
  • I've got a short shifter with a hurst stick (which I like to have showing lol), and read in another thread about having the boot cut to a different length for the short shifter, any more info on this?
  • If anyone has an tips/tricks aside from what is on the website in terms of installing into the bezel, I would appreciate. I will be ordering a new bezel as well.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
182 Posts
Not sure if redline offers it but you can request a piece of sample material maybe.

I have a short shifter with brand new material from gtog8ta. No cutting, fits nice.

The boot material should be slightly pulled through the slits of the bezel. The boot should have thick ends not allowing it to retract on its own.

· Registered
45 Posts
I used to have a blue/blue '05 GTO, and at first I had a local shop take the GM blue automatic shifter, especially the blue leather, and use it the shifter, to make the one they didn't kind of and I got picture one Then I liked so much, I had another shifter and boot made out of all alcantara. That's picture two. All factory, too, except some leather.
Vehicle Speedometer White Car Motor vehicle
Vehicle Wheel Car Plant Motor vehicle

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Medium blue seems to look about right. As for the length of the boot, they asked me to send specific measurements, (distance from end of throw to how high I want my boot on the stick), and they’d be able to customize the height for me. We’ll see how it goes!

thanks for your responses fellas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts