LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get the shift lever and am very happy with it. No drama, no issue. I now have a threaded lever for my GMM. I want a different knob for my car. I look around and find TWM Performance... They are in Canada. I should have stopped there... Here is the letter I sent them (BTE, I normally don't drag shops through the dirt, but they deserve it).
I sent you a message on your site, but will reply to this as well. I am Extremely Displeased with your service. I ordered the flat black knob and was not advised until I Called that you were out of it. I then told them to send the Gunmetal one. This is strike one and two. Then, I see with QuantumView that the knob is shipping all over my frikken country. It takes a week plus to get the knob. This is strike three. I finally get it and the knob does not fit. You sent me the wrong adapter. I ordered an M16X1.5 Knob. You sent something else. This is strike four! Well I may be a little picky on strike five, but shit man! A plastic adapter to hold a heavy and $$$ Expensive knob onto a muscle car? Strike five! Maybe this this may cut it with your Honda and Acura crowd, but I have 400+HP. Fix this issue or I will fix it for you. Send me a new and working adapter for my knob over night or send a new knob all together, overnight. Call me immediately in the morning.
I will await a response. The knob is Awesome, but does not fit. I wish it did.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a gunmetal knob on my threaded GMM and it is perfect. My experience was the opposite of yours, however, it did get stuck in customs a couple of days. It fits nice and tight and I have zero issues. I hope it works out for you and is as nice a mine.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
heh- if I get emails with that tone, I tell the customer to return the part for a full refund and go somewhere else. There is just no reason to be that arrogant in an email- at least not without prior communication over a period of time where nothing got resolved.

Lol @ adaptor not holding up to a 400 hp car- you can't be serious. What does HP have to do with a shifter knob? I too would prefer metal threaded adaptors, but have seen several aftermarket knobs use plastic with no problems.

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kwiktsi- Maybe you are used to getting poor service, but I am not. I do not put up with it. There is also probably a reason that I don't see you with a business mentioned on your profile. Do yourself a favor and don't start one. A business can only be successful one customer at a time. My arrogance was caused by them making me drive all over town trying to find a solution. Yes, I was attempting to make a point and was going over the top with the 400hp comment. Honestly though, I am nervous about a plastic coupler holding on the knob...

All that said, TMW made a great effort today already. They called me at the crack of dawn and took action. They are overnighting me the correct coupler that shoudl arrive tomorrow. I will update my mini-saga. I only needed somewhere to vent. If the knob goes on and stays on, I will be happy. It really is very nice. I still wish they had the flat black one in stock, but the gunmetal one is cool too.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Rev. Po-Jay said:
Kwiktsi- Maybe you are used to getting poor service, but I am not. I do not put up with it. There is also probably a reason that I don't see you with a business mentioned on your profile. Do yourself a favor and don't start one. A business can only be successful one customer at a time. My arrogance was caused by them making me drive all over town trying to find a solution. Yes, I was attempting to make a point and was going over the top with the 400hp comment. Honestly though, I am nervous about a plastic coupler holding on the knob...

All that said, TMW made a great effort today already. They called me at the crack of dawn and took action. They are overnighting me the correct coupler that shoudl arrive tomorrow. I will update my mini-saga. I only needed somewhere to vent. If the knob goes on and stays on, I will be happy. It really is very nice. I still wish they had the flat black one in stock, but the gunmetal one is cool too.
sorry, I missed this sooner. Heh- I love the "tell you how to run a business" types- I have been in business for almost 10 years now and still going strong, sorry :). I have excellent customer service, and many can attest to that- however, I am a strong believer in "treat others as you would wih to be treated" and if people disrespect me right off the bat, I treat them the same way. It has pissed off a lot of whiners, but gained the respect of numerous others. I guees I am a "tell it like it is hard-ass"- too many people now a days don't like to be told they are in the wrong.

I agree- I'd be upset in your situation too, but your email to them was arrogant and childish. Kind of too "e-thug" for my liking. Oh well, welcome to the internet..... I do admit though- I myself am guilty of similar emails years back before I grew up ;). Glad to hear they are taking care of you though.
Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts